Sunday, June 10, 2007

Family Reunion

Well we had our first B family reunion. Not all of us got to come for the reunion. Some people were inlaw relatives, but nonetheless nice to see them.

We were missing one grandson from North Carolina, the wife had broken her wrist and couldn't travel. So they stayed back in NC. Then we missed a wife of a grandson from Colorado, she was feeling uncomfortable and pregnant. So technically we missed 5 people. There was a total of 17 B family (inlaws included). We also had inlaw relatives, a total of 8 people. So there was 25 of us having lunch on Saturday. They talked with the grandparents as they are getting close to 100 years old. The planners (a granddaughter and her mom) thought the reunion should take place as the only time people gathered together were at funerals. This was a much more upbeat gathering.

We had fun hanging out with everyone. S had a cousin almost 2 years older than her there. J had no one his age as the family from NC couldn't be there.

I really had a good time, even though it was L's family. But I realized what a nice family that I married into! :)

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

I'm sure that was a very special treat for Mr and Mrs B. What a fantatsic idea! It sounded like it would be a fun time and the food sure smelled great!