I decided that we should rejoin Sam's Club as it had been a while since we had a membership.
So we applied for the card and we were planning to use it as I was looking for janitorial supplies for the church. So we told them "Yeah, we will use it today." We had the option to either pay for the membership at the service desk or at check out. We chose the check out. We were walking around the store and they didn't have any choices as far as vacuum cleaners went. Then we went to the paper goods aisle. There was a lot of paper plates for like $12.50 and I say to L, "Hey we need some of these." And he's looking at me like, not that much. So he shakes his head "no."
Then we went the janitorial supplies. I was looking for singlefold white or bleached towels and all they carried was the ugly brown stuff. Sure it was cheap enough, but I wanted to make a change at church and everyone is getting sick of these brown towels (it looks so grade-schoolish). Well, we concluded the only way we could get a change to white towels was to purchase new paper towel dispensers for C-fold or Multifold (the smaller towels). Again, it was a frustrating no. I picked up some glad trash bags for the house at $12, you would get like 135 bags. And put them in the cart.
We continued to look down the aisles for products that we wanted and didn't see many choices. Finally we get to the end of the store and all I've got is this box of Glad Trash Bags.
L doesn't want a Sam's membership afterall. So we left our cart in an aisle, walked out of the store and left. Sam's is good if you like to buy in bulk but we don't.
-----------
I finally bought another vacuum cleaner tonight at Best Buy. After the Dirt Devil bit the dust and borrowing a vac once a week, I found the replacement vac. We got a Eureka Maxima. I have yet to try it out. But boy that's a noisy little thing. It's lightweight. The price was right too. It was cheaper than the old Dirt Devil. I'll let you know how it sucks up later. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
lol that was sure interesting..
I'm chuckling about your Sam's experience. I went there today with my Dad. Same as you, I can't find much - except for the homeschool books - I can't stay away from those. Brought K2 one home and she's already done 5 pages. My little nerd ;)
Glad you like the Eureka! I love my light little vacuum. It works much better than the old expensive (sorta) heavy one I had. I think it's self-propelled, even!
Post a Comment