Monday, June 25, 2007

NBA Draft

We will be watching the NBA draft on Thursday. We all are hoping that Julian Wright (formerly from KU) will get a pretty good draft pick. I heard that he could go anywhere between number 8-16.

It's between Odin and Durant who will be number 1. The Portland Trailblazers get the first pick. Too bad Julian Wright won't be a number 1 draft pick. We would love to have him play for the Blazers. Raef LaFrentz, a former KU player, plays out in Portland. Also Kevin Pritchard, the General Manager for Portland is also a former KU player.

I wonder which team will like Julian Wright? Perhaps he will get to play for the Chicago Bulls with Kirk Hinrich (another former KU player). Wright is from Chicago so he would be playing in front of his "hometown."

Wherever he goes...good luck to him! :)

2 comments:

flute4peace said...

It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out. But J and I both said last night that we think they shouldn't be allowed to draft until after they've finished college. But I don't think they could ever enforce that.

MB said...

I agree with that! I would have liked to see Julian Wright graduate and hope that the rest of the players would graduate. At least now, the kids can't come right out of high school and go in the draft.