All night long I had nothing but water. Even in my dreams I was thinking of food. I was worried that I would get up and eat something but I couldn't. I was going in for a fasting blood sugar test.
I packed a snack so I could eat right after the test because I knew I was going to be starved...as I already was! I get there just before 8 and there are a few (like 7 people in front of me). I'm thinking surely they all are not needing lab work. Surely they were! I get to the reception desk and she tells me to take a seat. I'm about to crawl the walls because I have now fasted for over 12 hours and it was getting to me. So I wait like five minutes (or it seemed like it) and went back to the desk. I ask, "Hey can I just go back into the lab now?"
The receptionist, said very calmly, "Come over here and take a seat." So we have to do paper work. Insurance card, employment, etc. I am beginning to eye the kleenex and wonder about gnawing on some paper! (I know that sounds sick, but mind you I wanted to eat!). We get the paper work done and there are at least 3 people ahead of me. I start eyeing the cushion and wished someone had hidden some food. Then I start to calm myself and think, "Well, the test ought to turn out pretty good as I hadn't eaten since 7:00 PM the previous day and it was going on 9 AM!"
I start thinking about place to eat biscuits and gravy or cheerios, just anything within reason. Then I'm think this is a lesson in patience and I'm failing miserably.
They ask me why I am having these test (diabetes, cholesterol, etc.) done...and I reply it's an age thing. So getting my blood syphoned out was nothing! I've been a human pin cushion before. Finally I could leave and eat my snack.
Meanwhile, I have had NO patience today. Frustrated over computer errors and kids needing to go outside. Everything and anything gets on my nerves!! GRRROWL!!
I hope tomorrow will be a better day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment