Tonight was the wedding of J and L! It was such a pretty setting!
We parked the car way far away from P and J's house. It seemed that we were walking for miles! I wished that we had brought a flashlight so we could find our car in the dark. Thankfully, we parked behind a little white car (thank you Mr. P, "S" new principal). As we walked we heard bagpipes in the distance. It was so nice! When we got into the yard it was some line and we weren't even last. We thought we would get to the wedding "early.." hardly!! We should have arrived at least an hour before to get a good seat. I had a better seat that the bride's uncle...go figure! He should have been closer to the front but he wasn't.
We saw a lot of church people and a lot of school people. I saw P and J's laid back dog, who didn't flinch when people walked by. He just layed there sleeping like he had done this before. My dog would have at least licked everyone's hand and begged them to pat her. But not this dog!
When we got closer we noticed that all the guests had their pictures snapped after signing the guest book. That was different! The gifts for J and L were in an old wagon. I took the ushers arm as he offered it and was seated on the grooms side. I think it was pretty much open seating.
We waited a few more minutes (past sunset) for all the guests to be seated. The guitar music was pretty played by a cousin of the groom. The ceremony that our Pastor conducted was great!! He had a message about Noah's Ark and seeing the rainbow. (For some reason, I kept picturing the movie "Evan Almighty," and couldn't shake that image out at all! ) :) But then, I got back on track when the Pastor talked about things...such as my own wedding.
While J was doing his vows, the peacocks in the background start "talking." It was a very solemn moment when J was saying his vows. The peacocks broke the tension of the moment.
After the ceremony, the couple went row by row thanking their guests for their presence. Then the guests waited in line talking with the father and mother of the bride and the groom. We walked down a little ways and saw pictures of J and L when they were kids. Then there was a big spread of tables and a band.
We didn't sit around on the tables as we didn't see anyone to sit with. So we went over to the ice cream people's table (which was smart) and talked with them.
J and L did their cake thing and toast. Then J's sis and bro talked about the couple. After that, fireworks were shot up in the air. It was gorgeous!!! I had never seen fireworks at a wedding before. (Also surprised that my J didn't flinch when they went off...since he's sensitive to noise).
The bride said to start eating and so we went backwards and got ice cream first and the kids got a cupcake to go. We didn't stay for the dance...flute will have to fill me in on that.
We finally found our car and went back home. Then once we got home, someone forgot to close the gate and the dog escaped! Thankfully she came home willingly when we called for her and she was back in the house. What a night!
What a beautiful wedding!! My best to J and L...may your lives be blessed!
-----
While at the wedding, I kept looking for P's brother as I went to college with him at the H town. Either he wasn't there, or I no longer recognize him.
Something about the night air...I am completely stuffed up. Nothing like allergies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It was a nice wedding, I loved the fireworks!
That was one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever been to!! The twilight ceremony was so romantic, even with the coyotes, guinneas and peacock. I loved the way M mentioned Leah in her toast - so sweet.
We came home right after the fireworks, so didn't get in on the dance, either.
Post a Comment