We have an indoor cat. We have had him for nearly two years. I have learned to clean a little box, line it and pour in the kitty litter every week. The past few weeks we have been experiencing some different adventures, or problems. He has contracted fleas.
When we had our dog (Daisy) in the house, we never noticed much of a flea problem. I am guessing that the fleas jumped on the dog and left the cat alone. But now since Daisy has been gone and the other dog is permanently outside, the fleas have now jumped on the cat.
Great an indoor cat with fleas!
I contacted the vet and he told me that the flea problem was really bad this year compared to other years. The fleas would get on our clothing and we would bring fleas inside thus jumping on the cat. He gave us some flea spray to see if this would work out.
Well, I dragged my feet on this. I wasn't sure how good this would be for the cat. Meanwhile the flea population started tripling on the kitty. Yesterday, I went to Wally world and picked up some flea ridding items. A flea collar, a monthly spot on treatment, and a flea comb where the tines are close together, resembling a nit comb.
I got a pan of warm sudsy water nearby and combed the cats fur. I would see the fleas and dip this in the pan to kill off the fleas. I have never done this before, ever. I am basically a dog person and never really had to put up with fleas. So I "cleaned" his fur with the comb only to hear that the kids found more fleas on him. I repeated the process this morning. Then vacuumed the house (I have to do this twice a day). L put the spot treatment stuff on the back of the cat. The cat ran around the house and didn't look to happy.
I never thought I would have to deal with flea problems since he is an indoor cat. Isn't it great being a cat owner!? Let me think about that one after dealing with this problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment