Monday, November 3, 2008

Small town/insurance Frustrations

There is a downside to living in the small town. Today, I had to contact the endodontist in Wichita because our dentist in the A town couldn't help S's abcessed teeth anymore. I have tried to contact our dentist to ask them questions concerning insurance.

I keep getting their answering machines from both their A town and W town offices. Here it is a Monday and they are not open for business. It is frustrating to say the least, when you need to ask questions to determine about a treatment completed (or in this case incompleted) under their care. It involves a time constrait and whether the insurance will pay for it or not.

If insurance will not pay for it, then we will be stuck with the bill. S meanwhile will continue to have pain off and on until the work is completely finished. Our first consultation appointment will not be for 2 weeks! Then we will have to wait until December to have the actual work done, unless her previous treatment has lapsed into a year. If not, then I don't know what. A quick call to our attorney perhaps?

Sometimes I think going to a different dentist would provided a better solution, but we like this dentist and S doesn't want anyone different to work on her teeth.

I just hate problems!

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

Ugh, that DOES sound frustrating! Poor S, I hope she feels better soon. Even more than the insurance frustrations, I'd be pretty ticked that they're letting her continue to hurt like that. Makes the Mommy in me mad on her/your behalf.