If you have ever watched a rerun of the "Mary Tyler Moore," show where Mary was attending a funeral of "Chuckles the Clown," (the episode was called "Chuckles bites the Dust."), then you will be able to relate to what happened in my Sunday School Class.
We were discussing the writings of Paul and I overheard something from another classroom. Something came to my mind and I wrote the thought on my bulletin and showed it to L. I won't divulge what I wrote, it was a private joke. L looked at what I wrote and snickered. I just thought he would kind of laugh; no he had to "snicker," and laugh. At that point I tried to stifle a laugh and the more I heard about this certain something the more I couldn't help but crack up. Brad S. was the teacher and Barry B., was discussing a point. I didn't dare look at them, as I was currently just losing it and just wanted so much to burst out laugh! I covered my eyes and started to snicker. My eyes started watering and I know it wasn't right laughing during class nor writing notes while in class was exactly right either I just couldn't help it.
I quickly made an excuse that I "had to get a drink of water." I didn't. I walked around and tried to get my laughter under control. I was talking to myself and trying to get under control.
Finally I came back with the help of Brenda and tried keeping my emotions in tack.
But I kept thinking about that "Chuckles the Clown," funeral moment on MTM show. So I apologize to my Sunday School class!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
My mom and I got the giggles during the play Friday night. The main character was to dance and she had her pants rolled like all the girls do and it made her bright yellow underwear show and she was just dancing away and spinning with that bright yellow underwear showing and the more we tried not to laugh,the funnier it was. And yes I remember that MTM episode.
inglityCome on, Marcia, you HAVE to tell us what you and L were laughing bout!
No can do.
Oh yeah, you gotta tell now. Or else we'll assume the worst.... ;)
Post a Comment