Friday, November 7, 2008

The Television

Our upstairs television chose not to snap on today. We tried everything. We turned off the satellite and hit reset. I tried different remotes and pushed the button on the TV countless times. Nothing. Nada.

We had been having trouble with it having a white horizontal line dividing the screen. It has been hard to watch, but we were trying to keep it until it completely croaked. It completely croaked today.

We have only two televisions in the house (that work). The one downstairs was bumped there because we bought the current (now dead) TV. Our main television view is upstairs for obvious reasons it is warmer upstairs than down and we have a larger viewing area.

So I have been looking at the various deals on the Internet. One offers no interest for 18 months if you purchase something over 499. It is funny that one store has the same brand (like a W brand) for 23 dollars less than another store. Same product but cheaper.

This time we will upgrade and get one that is a flat screen. Maybe a few years down the line (and I'm hoping THIS time the tv will last longer than the dead one) we will upgrade even further with a bigger screen.

There are certain brands that I am partial too and certain brands I won't even touch any more. Obviously I won't by a "T" brand any more. This tv didn't last only but 2 or 3 years, if that. Guess I'll be reading "Consumer Reports" a little more closer today.

I know that the family will want this new replacement by tonight!

2 comments:

flute4peace said...

Aw man, that's a bummer! Good luck finding a new one for a reasonable price. I don't even want to think about it. I think we paid around $250 for ours back when k1 was a baby and we thought that was outrageous.

MB said...

The price has since doubled! I think we could get one for at least that lower price, if we didn't want a Flat screen.