Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm still here

I know I haven't blogged for a couple of days. I am just pondering a few things about being a member of Outreach at Church and some other personal planning things.

The outreach meeting was on Monday and since then I have been thinking about what I could bring to this committee. Hmmm....I was a blank. One new member came up with two good ideas, but for me I was stifled or felt stifled. My creativity was not working. I couldn't come up with a single idea. This very frustrating for me. So I started looking through my old notebooks because I knew I had written some ideas down somewhere concerning Outreach. Sometimes, though I am shy in giving out my ideas because I am afraid that they are not right or I'll get shot down even though sometimes I feel very strong about a certain idea. So maybe that's why I stifled my feelings/ideas.

I can remember one group that I did express my ideas. I had very strong feelings about what I was feeling saying, etc. to this particular group. They all took it the wrong way and I felt pretty ostracized in giving my opinion. So consequently I am no longer involved in that group even though everyone who was involved (with the exception of one) is gone from that group. I have opinions still for that group, but I won't even try to get involved in that group. I try not to make waves anymore.

So going back to my Outreach meeting I found the notes and might suggest what I had written down. The group may or may not try these. I just have to go out there and ask.
------
I am planning a vacation in about eight months from now. If only the gas prices would hold at the $1.99 mark by the summer. I wish that we could go out to the NW sooner than the summer. But since it is a 1600 mile trip (one way) summer is the most logical time. It will be nice to see to see my family and meet my new great niece, who will be turning 3 sometime next year.
------
S and J's school district is holding a career fair tomorrow. S gets to visit with the career of her choice. J has to visit the agriculture and manufacturing area. He would rather visit with the journalism people. Too bad that they can't accomodate sixth graders who want to something else besides ag and manufacturing. One size does not fit all. Will have to see what they thought of the fair tomorrow.
------

No comments: