It's been one of those days when I am working on a project and the day has gone by just like that!
Today my assignment was to clean one of the rooms in the house. S has been suffering with this cough/fever thing for the past two weeks so I wanted to make sure that it wasn't because of her room being messy/dusty, etc.
So I rearranged, cleared up everything on the floor, vacuumed, wash/dried/folded a lot of clothes. My plan was to be a "neat freak," the white glove test, so to speak. I hardly had time to play on the computer, read, or anything. I get the room nice and clean and immaculate (I wish that the rest of the house looked this good!). I found a lot of interesting stuff and you know even though working in your own house doesn't give you a pay check, you do get money when you clean. Finding nickels, dimes, or pennies on the floor becomes "finder's keepers, losers weepers. If you just clean up your room maybe you could make money too." So parents remind your kid of this. You find money on the floor which you are cleaning it is yours. It probably was theirs to begin with!
-----
S went to the doctor office after school. We waited on J but he was frantic as he lost a math paper. We tell him to come to the medical clinic by the hospital. Well, apparently he was "half listening," and heard "medical clinic," part and not where it was located. We gave him adequate time in getting to the clinic and he was not there. So we went into the school and no kids were there (unless you had study hall) and about that time I was wishing that he had a cell phone. We waited at the corner and saw him coming from the North. He had gone to the old medical clinic on Central that has since closed. That's what you get from half listening to the instructions.
-----
S's diagnosis was bronchitis. The doctor told her she would be on antibiotics and issued a cough medicine for her (she's reluctant in taking it because it has coedine in it). But the meds (with insurance card) cost $50!! WOW!! It does NOT pay to get sick! But it does make me wonder if the meds would be cheaper at Wal-mart. Too bad Wal-Mart isn't closer. If we want Wal-Mart we have to travel 33 miles to the east. The inconvience of living in a small town without a hometown pharmacy, yuk!
----
Finally I had a church meeting. I'm on a new committee. I get to take notes/minutes of the meeting. I like that. Now, if I could come up with some great ideas, like Steve S. did. I'm not shy about sharing, I just don't know what to suggest. I guess I'll have to search out what other churches do to reach out to new people.
---
I have a passion for old TV shows. I don't think I watch all that much TV. But when I do, I enjoy old reruns of "The Rifleman." I can remember my dad watching this particular show, but I never watched them. Now, they are quite interesting, especially seeing some old time actors on there. Each episode I say, "Hey, this guy looks like, blank, blank," and usually I'm right. I saw Michael Landon on there before the series Bonanza started, it was pretty interesting. The year was 1958. No wonder, I don't remember being interested when it was first on, I was all of 3. Anyway, this show, despite the main character using his rife and keeping law and order on the streets usually gives some type of insight into life. I like it. Not everyone can get this show. You have to have Satellite.
----
Hope that the rain/thunder/hail has stopped for tonight. Today we had a BOOMING thunder strike. I was like, "OH MY!" It was the worst one I've ever experienced. It almost seemed like a quake hit at the same time. Our cell phone provider even lost service during most of the day. L said that one of his toy trucks rolled off the shelf after that boomer. It was not normal.
----
Please say a prayer for some friends of mine, Spike and Paul. Spike just got through surgery and Paul suffered a mild heart attack. These two men are really gems in the church and they are needing prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry you have to pay so much for meds. Appease yourself by listing all the ways living in a small town is so great as opposed to the city. Such as....knowing your neighbors, being able to walk to most places, a safer area, by buying local you help to keep the commerce in the small towns going, you help to keep the jobs going in a small town. I often didn't like paying extra at some of the stores in H town but having the owners know me often was more valuable.
I foresee a trip to the doctor for K3, too. She's on week 2 of the cough, although no fever as of yet. I hope the meds help (they better, for that price!) and S is feeling better soon.
I sooo need to do that to my house, too. :(
Thank you, my friend Marcia!
BTW, who makes the cleaning assignments for you?
Post a Comment