It's not even Thanksgiving and yet just after Halloween we heard Christmas music at Wal-mart. We cringed upon hearing it. Is company trying to persuade customers to buy stuff for Christmas early so that they can have their own "bailout" plan? Oooh, it's too early to hear Christmas music.
This morning I was looking for a radio station on the way to school and here was B98 playing, yep, you guessed it Christmas Music! Sheesh, it's just the 17th of November. They will be playing the music until January 1st 2009! Ugh!!!
No, I am not Bah Humbug but come on this is just a little too early to hear the music. I think we are always affected by what the stores have on their shelves and play through their music systems in the store. Back to school stuff is out by at least June; Halloween by September; Christmas stuff no later than Nov. 1st.; and Valentine's Day on Jan. 1st.
-----
One good thing that KAKE or KWCH has revived is the old reruns with Santa Claus and Kakeman or Toy Boy during the Christmas season. I love it when the little puppet would run down and get his slate with a number on it. Then they would go "zooming around the world." See video link below for those of you who has never seen Santa Claus and Toy boy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgifUxwAJo8&NR=1
So here is your Toy Boy number for today: 37 more shopping days to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Heh, you just can't get past that toyboy, can you!! LOL
(goes to turn on the radio - I LOVE Christmas music!)
Yep, there's a clue for those who are still guessing about the "chuckles the clown," moment.
Post a Comment