KU won over Baylor tonight by a score of 100--90. It was not an easy battle. Baylor has a couple of guards who can really shoot three pointers from way out. In the first half KU played pretty sluggish. I guess Bill really gave it to them. The score at the half was only 36-33 and KU really never led in that half. But in the second half Darrell Arthur scored 16 points and ended up with 23 points (a career high). Mario Chlamers didn't score any points in the first half but put up 10 in the second half. Russell Robinson was stellar from the free-throw line. He was near perfect shooting 15 and making 14. He also had a high point total with 22. Sherron Collins came in with 17. Darnell Jackson had 10 points and for the first time in his career Brandon Rush fouled out of a game and racked up 9 points. Sasha Kaun was great defensively and had 6 points. Cole Aldrich came off the bench and had one field goal. Rodrick Stewart rounded out the scoring with 1 point. The 'Hawks had 46 visits to the free-throw line. They made 37 baskets and was shooting 80 percent at the line. Quite an improvement. KU put up some 3-pointers but none of them went in. This was the first time in 8 years that they went on to win a game without getting any 3 pointers. Amazing! Next game for the Jayhawks will be Big Monday against Texas in Austin. (not one of my favorite cities. S and J know why!)For the first time I actually enjoyed the television announcers. Nick Bukaty really got into the game and got excited. I love it when they show their excitement for the game. No offense to Dave Armstrong but Bukaty was such an improvement. I hope to hear him call more games for the Hawks in the near future.
-------
I just feel so draggy lately. Once again I caught some kind of cold or maybe an allergy. I took a Claritan one night and that did nothing for me. So today I took my Zyrtec-D and had to up my blood pressure meds. People who have high blood pressure are advised not to take a decongestant. I talked to my doctor and he said that I could take a decongestant, BUT I'd have to double my bp dossage. So I did and wow I felt a little better not coughing near as much or sneezing but I felt major tired too. So it's a trade off. So I have to put up with the tiredness. I'm sure my doctor would not be happy with me as of late since I have NOT checked my bp in quite a while. I'm going to have to do this sometime like in March when I can get back to a fire station in my hometown.
-----
J's Biddy Basketball Team are now League Champions as of today. Now we are needing to be tourney champions. The team plays next Saturday in H town where we are the number 1 seed. I will still need to do a write up on the game we played today. Look for it in the Tuesday edition of the Advo. Thanks Mr. L.
----
I have an early time at church tomorrow. I am a greeter. Actually L is too, but I'll end up being the one doing a solo.
-----
We are looking at ways to help our house become more energy efficient. Hope we can pull it off.
2 comments:
I slipped in the back and missed shaking your hand this morning. Rats. L sure looked spiffy in his suit. :)
I am glad that he was actually helping me greet people, but of course this was before worship. I was the sole greeter before Sunday School.
Post a Comment