Today has been an interesting day. L and I was commenting about S's text messaging. We thought she had unlimited access. Ha! I called the cell phone company and found out just EXACTLY what we owed. I was like....AGGGGHHH!!! It wasn't the national debt, but it was at least 3 times higher than the last bill. So apparently we didn't have unlimited access. I texted her and told her the bill. So meanwhile, I am looking through the company's site to see if there is anything about changing our plan and getting unlimited messages. I call the service rep up from that company and thankfully I got this nice man who actually spoke English. He sounded like an old friend of ours when it said, "By jove I think I've got it." (Randy). So I explain to him that I thought we had it and boy, I was wrong! He accessed the info and said about the same thing that I was thinking. He tells us that he can knock off some money off of that bill. Thank you God, there are some nice people out there! Then we changed the service so instead of paying a high amount (like this month) it will be slightly lowered with unlimited texting. Whew! If only credit card companies would be that nice to talk with!!
------
Daisy is still hanging in there. She raises her head when we say her name but other than that she just looks pathetic in her dog loo. She never got in this before. It was like "I'm not going there unless I die." Guess that's how it is now. :( I have left her food and water in her igloo and she has not touched it. My vet drove by to check on her. He said she wouldn't last a month but he wasn't sure how long she had. She could die tomorrow or two weeks from now. Euthanizing costs and since she isn't moaning she will die a natural death.
-----
I have resigned that we will get another dog. I am having our vet look around for us. We want a lab. Liberty was a great dog and she was a lab. Our vet told us not to buy one as there are plenty of dogs who need a home. I know buying is the wrong way to go. We learned that lesson over 8 years ago before we got Daisy.
----
KU is playing tomorrow!!! That will take my mind off of the dog/cell phone/satellite bill thing. I need a distraction. This was the game that I should have gotten tickets for. Maybe I still can!! I think I'll check the OSU ticket office!! No, tickets don't go on for sale until 6 pm tonight. Oh well, guess I won't go. But I'll be watching on TV tomorrow!!
-----
Been snacking on Girls scout cookies. I ordered a few boxes from a church girl scout and now I wished that I would have got something else besides the cinnamon snack cookies. The Thanks Alot are so good, even though they are so fattening!! I need that bit of chocolate to get me through this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel your pain with respect to the text messageing thing. Hilary has a package that gives her a certain amount but if she goes over it then it jacks the bill up a lot. Plus she gets charged even if she gets a text from someone else. I share your enthusiasm for the J-Hawks. I have loved watching them play although I really didn't get into watching them until about 7 or 8 years ago. I've never seen them live and it's hard not to see them on the tube. I can listent to them on the internet and I think when it gets closer to March madness they will also have video. I get it through the cstvxxl but for now it is only audio. Thanks for your work on your blog and the church's website. It helps to keep us informed with Harper.
Phyllis
Post a Comment