I was out a work doing my routine cleanup when I looked up to check on an Exit sign in a wing of the church. We have had trouble with the signs lighting up in one area of the church and I wasn't quite sure if this one was involved. So I get up on my metal folding chair already to change a couple of lightbulbs. I just barely wiggle the wires in the box and the Exit sign is lit. The bulbs were apparently okay. I just chalked it up to me not tightening the bulb. After nearly falling off the metal chair, I placed it back in a room and walked into fellowship hall. All three exit signs which had been off since before Christmas was lit up. ???? Huh? How did that happen? I thought to myself.
I pulled off my earphones thinking, well maybe someone is here working on the problem. I listen. Nothing. I know that LG had been there checking all of the plugs and the electrical stuff last week. I wondered, did I just overlook that it was really on all of this time? I wondered, if that little wiggling of the wires in the other one helped the other three? Surely not. Maybe I am that non-observant and it's been on all of a whole week. But, then again, I don't remember if it was.
I left for lunch and came back an hour later. Was the Exit signs going to be still on or was this just a fluke? When I arrived the Exit signs were still lit. Wonders will never cease! Let's hope it remains on the rest of the time, or until a lightbulb burns out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like there was a short in the system somehow. That's bizarre!
Post a Comment