Brandon Rush was laughing while Iowa State was at the free-throw line. He had fouled a player in the act of shooting a 3. So that player went to the line to shoot three free throws (and made them all). The Iowa State player next him is looking to say, "If I did that I would have to run a bunch of suicides." Or "You're crazy man, what are you laughing at?" Rush fouled the player late in the game and it was Rush's first foul. I'll bet Self wasn't laughing.KU finally got their road win against the "Hamburger Team," ISU. (note their colors of red and yellow). They did really great from 3 point shooting and seemingly got their confidence back. Rush rang in three three pointers, Mario Chalmers put in two three pointers and Sherron Collins had one three pointer. Mario's points were from way out! Like an NBA 3 pointer. Sasha Kaun played well despite back pain. The team didn't have as many fouls as they did against OSU on Saturday. In fact they only had 2 fouls and 5 turnovers in the first half. A nice tight game. The refs (from KU standpoint) weren't too bad. This time I enjoyed listening to the ESPN announcer. Steve Bardo. He played for Illinois before Bill Self coached there. Bardo and the other guy were pretty good anouncers; way better than Ron and Fran.
Next game is KU--KSU....the revenge game, college game day, the game we wanted to go to. It's a showdown starting at 8 PM. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!
-------
During the game someone was calling us. I will not answer the phone when KU is playing. I don't care if you are my long lost cousin bequeathing me tons of money, I just will not answer the phone. The phone rang twice. Both times not for me.
------
I have good times and bad times since Monday. I was thinking about an incident when I lost my old pair of glasses. I looked for them all over the place and they weren't in the house. So when I was outdoors patting Daisy I looked down in her tail. Guess what? The glasses were stuck in her tail!! They were quite scratched but they were intact. Daisy didn't even wimper when those things were in her tail. It was funny. I just need to remember the silly times with her.
No comments:
Post a Comment