Thursday, February 28, 2008

Keeping busy (a little too busy)!

This week has been the longest in my life. I feel like the events that I went through on Monday seems like a months ago instead of days ago. I threw myself into work on Tuesday at church. We had to get ready for "Kindergarten Roundup" and the youth groups meetings for the next day. I didn't turn up at church on Wednesday. I was too busy here cleaning for my own family and one of S's friends. That night L helped me out by dumping trash (twice!) . Then I came in today to check if there was anything to do to clean up for a funeral luncheon scheduled at 11 AM. Still there was trash to dump, wastebaskets to find in unknown places, doors to close, nursery to rearrange, and cups and paper products to restock before coming out to help with the funeral luncheon.

I have been in and up/down mode since Monday and wasn't looking forward to helping at the funeral luncheon. So I got to church nearly at 11 AM and asked what I could do to help. MS said it was taken care of. I actually smiled for the first time in days!! Relief!! I'll just come back tonight and do the BIG CLEANUP. I rather prefer to do that. I think since most of the people could be in a sad mood it was probably a great idea I wasn't there. I might have started to cry too but not for the same reason. Maybe another time I might be open to help out for a funeral luncheon, but not now. Give me some time.
-----
I've been looking online for dogs. I found one for free from H town. It was not housebroken and was an outdoor dog. I have my preferences. It has to be housebroken, likes cats (or at least tolerates them), would really like a black or chocolate lab, and gets along with the family. It would be great if the dog could be male and neutered and free. This may take a while but we are ready to share our home. We already have the name picked out. If anyone knows of a dog that fits that criteria please let me know (that is if you live in this city/county).
-----
I'm checking my activities for March. The first two weeks looks to very busy for us. I'm going to train to be a Forensics judge. I think that should be interesting. Technically speaking, English/communications was my minor in college, so I think it will be fun to judge the kids on how well they do their speeches, orations, and acting. Then there will be spring break. I already know where we will be going to on one of those days. The land of Crimson and Blue. I wonder if we will be eating at "The Longhorn" or somewhere else? I'll be turning another "number" in March. Oh boy! At least I'm still in good health! Sprinkled in between those days will be the Big 12 tournament and the NCAA tournament. Just hope KU does well down the stretch.
----
KU basketball senior speeches are on March 3rd. I will have to find some way in recording these for S as her favorite player, RR will be delivering his. We have watched him and others grow into gangly freshman to strong seniors. Last year KU had no seniors on the team. But this year we have Sasha K, RussRob, Darnell J, RodrickS, JeremyC (who is actually a grad student), and BWitherspoon (a bench player). S said she will cry when RR leaves KU. I'll cry when Darnell leaves, he's such a nice guy!! Then next year Mario (my fave) will be a senior. We will have to look for new players as they come through the ranks. Tyrel Reed and Cole Aldrich are the new ones whom we like.

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

Wow it's definitely been a busy week at church! You do such an awesome job at that!!