Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thank you Texas Tech (just this once!)!

Just got through watching the K-State/Texas Tech game. Now normally I really wouldn't care who wins this game. But tonight was different. Texas Tech had a hard fought game against K-State. Amid a lot of technical fouls/regular fouls and the "great and powerful" (note, the sarcasm here) Michael Beasley and Bill Walker, Tech beat K-State. Pat Knight's first win since his dad, Bobby stepped down. No longer is K-State on top of the Big 12 conference. That's right. KU IS NUMBER ONE!

The KU/Colorado game would be one to see. In fact, there were tickets for that game. But, this is also J's tournament day and S's school activity up north for 4n6. So we will have to DVR the game. The championship game in J's league starts at 1:00. How I would like to be two places at one time!! Oh well, maybe we will get to at least see the second half of the KU game. It would be really nice to be there at KU to see half time as it will be an anniversary of the 1988 national championship team reunion. 1988 was a great year. Great for KU and was great for me and L personally, the year we got married. :) Happy Valentine's day L!
-----
Numbers crunching....cookbook numbers that is. I went (gulp!) to talk to the women's group at church. I realized that I should have went to them first before starting talk about a new cookbook. But since (sometimes) I can be a go-getter I just thought this would be a great way to get money for the building fund. I never thought it would be difficult to obtain financing. But after crunching the numbers I deciding how much we need the members of the church to buy, I still think it is workable. We may not have a huge contribution value at first, but if we could get the numbers to work for us, then maybe the women's group wouldn't have to contribute. And I wouldn't feel like a dog for not asking them first. I guess, I was acting out on faith. Going out on a limb, so to speak. Thanks for the ones who I've consulted with on this matter. Your advice was helpful!
-----
Speaking of help, high school homework is hard. I guess it depends on what subject you are good at. Math and Science is not my best/favorite subjects. S is needing someone who can actually listen to her and find out why she doesn't understand how to do certain procedures. The current Math teacher is not helpful. She sounds like my 8th grade math teacher, he had no time for questions and wouldn't take time to explain it. I still remember this man and not in a good way. I've had other math teachers who were the best. So I know there are great ones out there and when you get a lousy one it is tough. So my S will have to consult with her 8th grade teacher in the near future. Other students in the class already has gone back to their former teacher. Science, is very tough as well. This is not a great semester for S. So I am asking for prayers for her to do better. She is stressed out over her grades greatly.
----
Valentine's Day is tomorrow. J could care less. This is his last year of filling out little valentine cards to his classmates. He nearly forgot and is frantically working on them at the late hour of 11. He will probably bring acres of candy home tomorrow.
-----
Thursday my busy day tomorrow. I'll be cleaning up, so to speak. In the trenches dancing with the vacuum. Oh boy! :)

No comments: