I've been keeping plenty busy at my work, it's a good thing since I am mourning my dog. But looking at this sunny day, I think how much she would have enjoyed today running in the yard and sunning her fur.
When I came in the yard today, I kept thinking she would welcome me home. Racing up to the back porch, wagging her tail and looking for some approval from me. I blinked my eyes and remembered, "Oh yeah, that's right. She's gone." Other places remind me of her too. I look out at the sandbox where the kids didn't play much in it but she did. She would often lay on the sand and look around the yard. Other times playing basketball in the yard. We would dribble the ball and she would bark at us. We would shoot the ball and she would come up to "bother" us. The backyard was hers and if we were back there it was to play with her and nothing else.
A friend told me that I should take some time to grieve about the loss. But how long should that be? If I had another dog in our backyard soon, I wouldn't forget Daisy. I haven't forgot Liberty either. I think it depends when you are ready to move on with life. The quickest way to do this (for me) is finding the perfect dog for us that will mesh into our "pack." That's my opinion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I definitely think it's ok to grieve Daisy! And go for another pet whenever you feel ready. There's no rules when it comes to this sort of thing - just do what feels right.
I'm loving the sunshine today, too. Can't wait till tomorrow!
So sorry about Daisy. I grew up with dogs and they were always such a comfort to have around. I'm sure you will find another that will fit in with your family.
Post a Comment