I tried my hardest to get the hottest ticket at Lawrence on March 1st. This will be one of the biggest games in recent history. The revenge match between KU and K-State. I had my information already to give out to the ticket office.
I watched seconds tick off my clock. 9 AM. Ticket office was open. I went to the computer to check to see if the event would be online. It was not. I dialed the number only to get a busy signal. I hit my re-dial button and each time I did I heard the busy signal. Then I would hit the refresh button on my computer. Nothing online. Press the re-dial button, busy. Online, nothing. This was like calling in for "American Idol" to even get to vote for your favorite singer (in this case my favorite team). It was like when a radio station would say, "Be caller 100 and win $1,000. You too can be a winner, etc." I kept doing re-dial, never giving up. Then finally at 9:17 AM I got into the ticket office. Joy! Rapture! At least I didn't have to hear the constant busy signal. My call was actually in the office. I would get the recording, "All of our office people are currently busy. We answer all calls. The next available representive will answer your call." This sounded like my satellite company!! I'll speak with a live person and get tickets!!
I got a real person online (didn't sound like my satellite company) at least I got someone who spoke English, if not Kansan. I ask about the Ku-Kstate game. She said, "I'm sorry but it's sold out." Crushed! Then I ask "What about the Monday game against Texas?" I would have the kids take off a couple of days just to hear the Senior do their speeches, that would be great! But again the office girl said, "No they are ALL sold out." I replied, "Oh, darn." (Exact quote!). She said, "Okay?" Sounding very nice and perky and I said, "Okay, thanks anyway." I hung up the phone and looked at my calendar for another game. Guess I'll be watching this game on my TV.
KU is playing OSU at Stillwater. "Wait a minute, I can get tickets for that game. It's on a Saturday afternoon and it's not that far down south. I have a friend who actually works for the veterinarian department at OSU, this would be perfect!" (Granted I haven't seen this friend since S was a toddler and before J was born!).
So I call up the OSU ticket office hoping that there would be some tickets left. I got the Athletic ticket office and the office person wasn't near as perky or as informed as the people at KU. I asked if they had tickets on the OSU game on Feb. 23rd. She said, "Huh?" And I'm thinking, did I call the right number? I regroup and say, "The Oklahoma State game against KU Men's basketball." Just in case she couldn't figure it out. She informed me that tickets for that game went up for sale the day before the game. UNREAL! KU would have had these tickets on their website (if it wasn't a sell out) at least 2 weeks ago.
Basketball is defintely King in Kansas. KU knows how to run a ticket office because there is nothing like KU basketball. Rock Chalk Jayhawks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ooh, bummer!!!
Post a Comment