Saturday, February 2, 2008

KU Wins! Thanks Missouri just this once!

It was nice to see KU finally come back and win really strong in the 2nd half. Sasha Kaun was just excellent scoring 12 points. He looks very strong coming off of the bench. Darnell Jackson stepped up his game hitting 10 out 10 (perfect!) from the free throw line. Then Sherron Collins, who was injured in the first half, came back to score 9 points without a miss. We had a lot of 'Hawks helping out throughout the game but not scoring.
-----
Thank you Missouri for beating our in-state rivals, K-State. This puts Kansas back up to the number 1 spot in the Big 12. I was just glad to see Missouri shut-up Michael Beasley and his ridiculous predictions. Now, guess who we are playing on Big Monday? Missouri. So I thank them today and I hope we beat them at our arena this coming Monday.
-----
J's team beat the Arlington team 24--8. That team has a bunch of thugs on their team. They were pushing our boys pretty good. When I saw them pushing on my kid how I wanted to go out there and push that boy back! I was yelling, "hey quit pushing on my kid!" J took it in stride and just played without playing on that kid's level.
-----
Super Bowl is tomorrow and I read a blog from "The Reformed Angler," who reported that the NFL was cracking down on church's for showing the game on 55 inch TV's. The NFL thinks this is infringing on their "profits." Church's usually have souper bowl parties and never charge any fees to fellowship and watch the game. Why should it matter how big the screen is? The people in charge at the NFL apparently have never been to a church when this event is going on. It's a strange world. I am not all that interested in the Super Bowl. I can remember at SC we would hold little mini-parties in our "parlor" area to watch the game. But I am not THAT interested in it. My kids are. They want the NY Giants. I like Eli Manning (Archie's son and Peyton's brother).
------
I will be completely exhausted at the end of the day. It's time for me to go to work!

No comments: