I am double posting here. KU won easily over Colorado today by a score of 69--45. I watched the game, via DVR. When KU was playing I was watching my son's team win their tournament. His team, the Runnin' Rebels went 9-0 for the season and won the tournament over the ML team. J got in the game in the second quarter and his teammates finally gave him the ball. He had a clear shot and got 2 points in. We get REALLY excited when he even gets to shoot or when it goes in. Then he got another basket! That brought tears to my eyes. In the second half he attempted to make baskets that were just too far away. Finally he found his mark and SWISH!! He had 6 points!! WOW! It was great!! He ran up the court and we cheered for him a lot. One of his teammates looked in the stands when he shot his baskets and grinned with two thumbs up. But J just took his baskets in stride. He probably would have made more baskets if only his teammates would have confidence in his shots. Some recognized this. J had a total of 8 points in 9 games. Not a lot, but not bad for a bench player.
The boys celebrated at the local pizza place and then went to the coach's house for further celebration. J's team is currently 17-0 in two seasons of biddy basketball. Next year will be their final season until they go on to middle school basketball.
We've had a very good coach and I hope that he continues to coach our team. I have enjoyed writing articles for the team and hope that I'll be able to do this next year. The coach thanked me for doing that for the team. He enjoyed reading them. I'll just hone my skill by blogging about KU! :)
1 comment:
Woo-hooo!! Way to go, J!! I'm glad the season ended on such a good note for him.
Post a Comment