I was hoping that KU would win this afternoon at Stillwater. They didn't they lost by 1 point at the last second. It looked like maybe we could have pulled out the win in the last few minutes. The loss happened in the first half. This is where KU didn't score any 3 pointers and that KU had way too many fouls in the first half. O-State went to the line constantly, in particular that Byron Eaton. He was hit like 17 out of 18 free-throws alone. Yes, it was free throws (OSU's tally) that got us. We were done in by 21 turnovers, this in itself was a record for KU and lack of 3 point shooting. But we did get two 3 pointers in the second half. Compare that with OSU's total 3 pointers, they had 8. We didn't execute well. Everyone played the way I've been feeling all week...depressed. Darnell Jackson's cousin died in OKC this past week and Rodrick Stewart's brother died as well this week. It's been rough on these kids lately. Now the 'Hawks need to regroup and start playing better against Iowa State on the road on Wednesday. Practice will probably hard tomorrow as I kind of doubt it that Coach Self will let them have the day off.
During the game we got so sick of listening to the TV announcers. So we did like all good Jayhawk fans do and turned down the sound to the TV and listen to Bob Davis and Chris Piper.
------
It's a rainy, sleeting, muddy day in Harper. Depressing skies and cold temps. Tomorrow is suppose to be warmer and sunny. I can't wait. I love those days. I certainly hope that Spring comes next week. I am not a rainy type person.
------
Still taking care of Josiah once in a while. She is a nice little lively dog. Even though her "parents" are looking for a new home for her, I am still wanting a younger dog preferably a lab.
It's so rough to watch your dog of 8 years succumb to death. I am ready to get the vet out here and just ask him to euthanize her no matter the costs. We go outside and check on Daisy. We know that she will not get better, no miracle is in there for her, she doesn't eat or drink water and she has lost the sparkle in her eyes. It's time for her to gently close her eyes and be put down. I've accepted this. I don't like it but I can't do anything for her. It's frustrating.
During the game we got so sick of listening to the TV announcers. So we did like all good Jayhawk fans do and turned down the sound to the TV and listen to Bob Davis and Chris Piper.
------
It's a rainy, sleeting, muddy day in Harper. Depressing skies and cold temps. Tomorrow is suppose to be warmer and sunny. I can't wait. I love those days. I certainly hope that Spring comes next week. I am not a rainy type person.
------
Still taking care of Josiah once in a while. She is a nice little lively dog. Even though her "parents" are looking for a new home for her, I am still wanting a younger dog preferably a lab.
It's so rough to watch your dog of 8 years succumb to death. I am ready to get the vet out here and just ask him to euthanize her no matter the costs. We go outside and check on Daisy. We know that she will not get better, no miracle is in there for her, she doesn't eat or drink water and she has lost the sparkle in her eyes. It's time for her to gently close her eyes and be put down. I've accepted this. I don't like it but I can't do anything for her. It's frustrating.
2 comments:
So sorry about your dog. Even more sorry about KU's loss. I was listening to it on the web. I really thought they would win that one but when it comes to league play, things are never a sure bet. On the web it sounded like a lot of picky things were being called, like palming the ball and not getting a foul when getting clobbered. I'm hoping for a lift when they play Iowa State.
PS
new e-mail address barrydar@att.net
I hope everyone gets the e-mail update. just in case the blogg readers can update.
Darlene
Post a Comment