I didn't watch much of the game, except the last of it. I was really glad to see the NY Giants win the Super Bowl!! I really enjoy Eli Manning. Now, Archie Manning, former quarterback for the New Orleans Saints, is the father of two Super Bowl quarterbacks, Peyton and now Eli. In Archie's playing days with the Saints his team never did go to the Super Bowl. This must be a very proud moment for their dad.-----
The School Spelling Bee is tomorrow, as it was postpone because of snow days. The county bee is on Tuesday. I think J is prepared and that this will be a learning experience for him. I hope he does well. I told him that I knew he was good at this and that he should at least try. S did the Spelling Bee from fifth through eighth grade. In her first year, she didn't place at all, but she loved competing in the bee. In her sixth grade year she made third in the county; in seventh she didn't place; in eighth grade she was second in the county. So hopefully J will just try and like it. I think it is an honor to be able to spell well and get this far. When I went to school, in the dark ages, my big school didn't have the spelling bee. That was my favorite subject as I always pulled A's in it. I can remember when I went to jr. high I wanted to take a test on spelling only my unified studies teacher didn't think I was good enough. I knew better, but always felt cheated that I never got to prove myself. It's so nice that my kids at least get a shot at trying.
That's what Archie and I have in common. We didn't get a chance to prove ourselves but our kids did. It makes you feel so proud!
-----
KU is playing Mizzery tomorrow night. I just hope they play well against them. Mizzery is coming off their big game against Purple Pride.
-----
I wish our town had a pharmacy!! I buy my two prescription drugs at Wally World. WW sells one of my prescriptions at $4. It is because it is a generic drug. But the other one, which is also vital to my health, is not a generic. So I am always waiting in line for a refill, waiting for them to complete my refill, ugh!! On the $4 prescription I can double up on my pills on the other I can't because of insurance purposes. The other one cost $25 a bottle. I'm not sure IF we had a pharmacy here would the prescription be economical? It would be nice to have a pharmacy in town so that we wouldn't have to drive 8 miles south or up to Wichita for prescription drugs. Think about that one H town.
1 comment:
There used to be a pharmacy here, where the lighthouse is now. My SIL worked there when she was in HS. I don't know who ran it or when it closed, though I suspect the client base just wasn't large enough to stay open. Having a small business in a town like this is nearly impossible. People will drive an hour to get those $4 scripts rather than pay $10 for it here. Any way, you won't find your scripts lower than at Wmart. Your insurance coverage likely determines the $25 copay. You might check your coverage for mailorder options - my ILs get theirs in a 3 month supply through mailorder and it's quite a bit less.
Can't wait for the game tonight - ought to be good. Sure hope it's on "public TV" this time. We haven't watched Saturday's yet, it's still on the tape.
K2 might come and watch the bee. I'll have to see what she wants to do this morning. She has a class at that time that she really loves so may choose not to come.
The game was great! The last few minutes were sooo exciting!!! I spent the first part of it studying my camera flash - at least until J forbade me from flashing even one more time.
Best of luck to J today!!!!!
Post a Comment