Odorologist---It's really a word! Sometimes I think that's what my job should be changed to instead of "janitor" or "custodian." I check around for odors that smell, well bad to me. But a lot of things stink to me, that normal people would say I'm weird. It wouldn't be the first time. Among the odors that get to me are: Onions, carpet glue, skunk, dust, peanuts (I'm allergic), certain kinds of foods cooked in the microwave, sometimes popcorn, sauer kraut, and other foods that I just can't think of off hand, then of course everything else that "normal" people can't stand and I won't get into that, but I think you know what I mean! TMI stuff. When I clean I use lemon cleaner, baking soda (this neutralizes the odors), stuff that has febreeze in it, carpet deoderizer, scented trash bags, and certain kinds of plug in oils. When I was in the "new" pea-green room at church I noticed that both plug ins were pulled. I had been trying for weeks to get that smelly carpet-glue odor out, as it knocked me out just smelling it. I guess the class members thought it was "over-kill." I guess what smells great to one person really stinks to another. So I am only using one. Hopefully the teacher of that class (Spike) could tell me if he REALLY hates it and I will remove both to another part of the church.
--------
We are taking care of Josiah and Penny again. We love to go out there and look out in their massive backyard hoping to get a glimpse of some wildlife. There is a building project taken place so I doubt if we will see the wild turkeys running across the lawn until it is finished. Hopefully it won't be raining or snowing in the next few days because that's rough getting mud all over the car, etc., and possibly getting stuck.
-------
It's President's Day today S and J are off today. We always got off for Washington's birthday. President's Day is a rather new term. In 1968, legislation was enacted that affected several federal holidays. Instead of celebrating on Feb. 22nd, the holiday was moved to the 3rd Monday of the month. The official holiday was started in 1971. President's day honors not only Washington's birthday (Feb. 22), but also Abraham Lincoln's birthday (Feb. 12). Plus other men who have served as President. This is according to an article I read about the subject. President Ronald Reagan's birthday is Feb. 6th. (I only know this because I have a good friend who's birthday is on the same day).
----
I found a great article by W. Bruce Cameron today. Pretty funny stuff!
----
I continue to read my book (when I find the time) by Karen Kingsbury. Good inspirational stuff!
---
What am I going to do? No KU basketball games until Saturday!! Guess I'll make time to read!
Until later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes it was our SS class who pulled the deoderizing plugs from the classroom. No one complained about the carpet odor but they "all" complained about the deoderizer odor so someone (not me although I approved) pulled the plugs. Apologies, and thanks, I guess you were really trying to help.
Spike
Thanks Spike! I'll pull the other one out soon. Guess the apple stuff reall didn't smell like "apple." But it did match the color of your room! LOL!
Post a Comment