Friday, October 12, 2007

Bummer...Late Night was not Free access!

I was all set to get "Late night in the Phog" on my computer. I was going to sit back and watch all of the skits and the hoopla, just like I did last year from Jayhawk Access.

Well after a delay on my computer I get on the site and it says "this event is not free." Sigh! Now that REALLY makes me feel bad. I had promised the kids that we would go to "late night" this year, but since I had the surgery planned I had to renege on my promise. Then I said, "Well it will be on the computer, just like last year." It was on the computer, but unlike last year it wasn't free. I would have had to shell out $10.00 to get the live feed. $10.00 for the basketball preview and I would have gotten to see the football games this month for that price too.

I have read the Jayhawk boards and a lot of their people were disappointed too. Many of the alumni who live away from Lawrence and Kansas wanted to see "Late night" too for free. If I would have lived in Lawrence I could have gotten the live feed free through Sunflower Cable. If I wouldn't have had my surgery scheduled when I did we might have gotten into Allen Fieldhouse with a can of food and virtually free. If I lived in Lawrence, wow!! Maybe we could go to more games. If I would have been an alumus of KU maybe I could get some season tickets.

Life is full of "ifs" and "maybes." There are no solid guarantees. Maybe next year we will go to "Late Night in the Phog"... maybe.

No comments: