Two weeks after having major surgery I am doing well.
I am not doing well enough to go back to work. I cannot walk very far or fast. An old person of ninety plus could probably win a race with me and have a lot more stamina. But I am better than a day out of surgery. It was hard for me to pick up my feet and actually walk down a hall. I was lucky that I could walk two doors down. Now I can go outside and walk around the backyard but have to be careful not to step in a hole or dog poop. So usually I walk the street in front of my driveway. Yesterday, I think actually I picked up my pace. I do get a "stitch" in my side from the incision.
I do have some annoyances since surgery. My skin is constantly itching. Okay, I won't tell about the TMI stuff, but I have rashes on my legs as well. Cortaid does wonders on my red skin patches. I hate my allergies to whatever it is that's bothering me. I just wish I wasn't allergic to any ingredients in my treatment.
I do feel better now than before the surgery in a couple of certain areas.
Now I can't drive for another 4 weeks anywhere. I can't go grocery shopping or shopping of any kind, anything that makes me stand for a long time or on my feet for a long time. I have gotten on the automatic carts at the Wal-Mart and I get these looks from people who think "what's wrong with you?" I think I should offer to show them my incision then maybe they would understand.
For boredum, I have been looking at my scrapbook for S; watching a lot of TV; on the computer again; reading; and sleeping.
At least I will be getting out for doctor appointments and even a teacher conference with J's teacher.
I'll bet when I am healed that I will miss this time of doing absolutely nothing. I better enjoy it while I can. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment