Saturday, October 27, 2007

KU Football record 8---0!!

The last time KU football had a record of 8 wins and no losses was back in 1909!!! My grandmother was a mere 20 years old and graduated from high school that year!! She had not yet met my grandfather, a Welsh immigrant.

A record held since 1909!!! WOW!! KU is really doing great. They were ranked number 9 in the country in this weeks poll. ESPN announcers say that KU has played some "cupcake" teams to get to this ranking. Call it what you want, but KU football is a force to be reckoned with! This team staring Reesing, Talib, and Meier are doing so well. The offense works well and the defense seems to come through each gameday. Mangino can really coach this team!

The final score tonight was KU 19 and Texas A and M 11.

One final side note...Texas A &M's mascot...Reveille..is a cute Collie (she looks just like Lassie)! They have had many past "revilles" and they are all buried at the A&M stadium...strange but true! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reveille_%28Texas_A%26M%29

One final note: ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! :)

2 comments:

flute4peace said...

Well, here I've been gone and you've been talking about me, LOL. Glad to know it was all good!! I'm looking forward to helping you with the project - just sent you an e-mail about it last night. And I agree with the decision on the speech teacher, even though that is sooo hard to do! Surely getting the braces off will help. And, of course, definitely check out your options on the smokestack thing. Call and get yourself put on the agenda for the next council meeting. Go in with an inquiring attitude and not accusatory. If they are out of compliance, the council needs to know (officially, at the meeting). I'm sure J would be happy to talk with you more about it :).

Whew! Lots to catch up on! I'm going to try to do better about keeping up. For some reason I've been in a slump lately.

Ed and Phyllis Shirk said...

Thanks for all the comments you put on our blog. Esp thanks for the work you do on the church web site. I only found out recently that you had a blog and that I could access it by clicking on your blog name. I didn't know KU was doing so well. I have a nephew that played for KU football a few years back. Keep up all the good work.