Monday, October 8, 2007

Busy Monday

Today I went to Wichita to see one of my doctors, one of the surgeons, Dr. Jason Walton (well, no that's not his name) but he looks like him according L. He talked so fast that I didn't quite understand him. I always misunderstand him. He's probably thinking he's dealing with Emily Litella (an old Gilda Radner character on SNL who had trouble hearing). I thought he said "are you driving," and I go "I didn't drive." The word was dry. Then I said, "Oh...well that's different... never mind." (in true Emily Litella fashion). He said that I didn't have to see him any more but to not lift anything for 6 weeks, etc. He was a hard guy to get know but I have a lot of respect for him now and like him a little better.
--------
Then we went to one of the hospitals in Wichita to see our friend B. Instead we ran into D and their daughter A at the hospital cafeteria. So we talked with D and A up to the CICU waiting room. B was resting. He still has a very long road ahead of him. He not only had a heart attack but he also had a stroke!! It is so sad to think that he has gone through so much this past week. He is still in need of prayers. We saw D's son-in-law and her daughter-in-law as well. Such a very nice family!! D's son was back at his school teaching and D's other daughter was in the room with her dad. B is in need of prayer still, don't quit praying for him.
--------
After we left the hospital we ate at Fazoli's (a place where my kids loathe). I don't know why. We rather like it. At least I got to eat spaghetti there. While we were there a little boy was there with his mom and grandma. Also a Sheriff's deputy from Sedgwick County was there. He finished eating and sat down with the family and talked to the little boy, Nathan, was his name. Then he gave Nathan a little sheriff's badge. What a nice gesture talking to this little boy of under five and giving him a badge! The little boy was pleased. I was impressed with the sheriff as I had never seen an officer come up to talk to a child before at any restaurant.
-------
We went to Wally World today and once again I got in my little motorized cart to putter around the store. I saw other people using these vehicles too. Mostly people who walked with a cane, were grossly overweight, or just generally looking poorly. Me? I am nearly three weeks out of major surgery. So I still move pretty slow and cannot push a grocery cart. So I shopped with L around the store and getting pretty good with the cart. That is until I got to the women's department. I got a little to close to the shelves and my car wouldn't move. So like the go-getter that I am, I scoot the cart back with my leg. Duh...this is the area that I am trying to heal from....duh! Then there is a wal-mart associate watching what I am doing and yet she doesn't do squat to help me get untangled from the shelves. WHATEVER!! I just want to scream at her...HELP ME I am INJURED...if you don't do something I will sue you, etc. What is with some of those people? Well, then I had to wait on L to search through his cars and I take off looking at the Christimas items. I get to an aisle and bam, the cart stops. Then I started it up again and it went 2 feet and stops. I'm thinking where's L??? Who can I call on my cell to get some help. Of course there is no Wal-Mart associate in sight.

So finally I somehow got it started again. L meanwhile is in another aisle looking for me. I flag him down. Finally a Wal-Mart associate sees me and says she will get another cart. She tells this one man to get another cart for me. So I am waiting for like five minutes and he brings me a push cart, no motorized one. Well....that wasn't going to help me. FINE...I can just walk. Walk slow and it hurts too. Walked over to pharmacy and my med was NOT ready, then over to check out and the bathroom, back to the pharmacy. Resting on a bench until the med is ready and finally leaving the store.

I was exhausted!! I think I need some caffeine, a long hot shower, or a long nap right about now. What a day!

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

Wow, I'm exhausted just from reading about your day! I'm sorry but I had to giggle just a little at your escapade with the cart in Wal-Mart. I'm sure it wasn't funny then, but you have such a gift for writing and you made it so realistic! I'm glad you got to see B and D. I still can't believe he's alive - incredible! And it's good to hear that daughter L was there, too, I know she's been overseas but not sure where she's living now.