Some people "dress" their house up to look festive during Halloween. They have pumpkins around, cobwebs, and decorative spiders (as opposed to the real ones I see at church). Everyone drives by their house and thinks, "Hey this would be a great place to trick or treat. I'll just bet they will have lots of yummy treats." Then when Halloween comes around the decorative house goes dark and the occupants do not hand out treats. What a rip off! If you are not going to hand out treats or even be home, why are you decorating your house? Don't do it.
-----
One Halloween (1991) it snowned!! It was icy and we were living somewhere north of our present location. We had like three kids come by. I couldn't believe ANYONE would dare to come out to trick or treat. So when they came to our house we only gave them boxes of raisins. Talk about a rip off! I feel ashamed for even admitting that I did this.
Since having kids I have bought zip-loc bags and stuffing them with at least 3 items. (Kit Kats, M and M's, or 3 Musketeers, sometimes Oreo Cookies and Teddy Grahams). I find this so much easier than handing the kid one measly piece of candy and sending them on their way. No one gets ripped off, everyone gets treated equal.
------
S went to A town and got a variety of treats. Doritos, crackers, candybars, and one person had a treat bag with penny candy in it. My age is showing when I use the term "penny candy." This includes teeny tootsie rolls and teeny gum. Back in the dark ages when I was a child we used to get that penny candy, something like 5 little piece of candy for a penny! Ah, those were the days.
-------
Since coming to this town I always noticed that the kids soap the bank and the fountain on main street. When I lived in the bigger H town that was unheard of to do this. But, my mom who grew up in a little town told me this was a common practice. The only thing was, that sometimes in this town is the "words" they write and that's not too common. So tomorrow morning I will have to tour the town and and see the shaving cream and toliet paper covering main street. The city crews will be busy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, I had fun for Halloween. I always like the candy you give out, lol.
Post a Comment