What was I thinking!!? It was like getting an apple and seeing a worm inside it! Now, I knew I was pretty much a C student with the exception of my senior year in high school. Things started clicking right for me then. Taking subjects that I really liked helped my GPA a bunch!
It was the comments that I didn't care for. But then I thought if I knew what they were saying about me when I was a 6--7 year old would I have even pursued college or even tried? This was just the opinion of teachers (and teachers aren't always right and certainly have no right to play God) in rendering an unjust opinion of a child. It is funny. When I got my report cards, the teacher would write the positive about me, and maybe an occasional negative item. However, this was pretty revealing. I will not disclose what they said because let's face it, everyone grows up and strives to be the best person they are despite what others may say about them. You do what you do and live a life that is you. Do not pay attention about some pre-conceived ideal that a teacher says about you is the gospel truth and that you'll never change. People change.
If you decide to pursue getting a look at your "permanent file" then try looking at the results as "this WAS me then and look how far I came." Take the opinions and results with a grain of salt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment