Today was one of those days were I was the only one in the church. Being the custodian or janitor, I really enjoy being alone. No one asks any questions, no one is stepping on a cleaned floor, it's just peaceful to do my work without anyone there. Often times I wear my earbuds and listen to my MP3 player. But sometimes that gets old, so today since I knew that no one was coming in I decided to find an FM radio and play the music of KHMY and later KEYN. So I plug it in and start listening to it. Since I'm the only one there I turn it up a little louder. Then I had one person walk in and ask me a question. Then my pastor comes in. Ooops, maybe I should turn it down. He was in and out of the office. Sometimes I do get spooked when I have my ear buds in as I can't hear anyone come in or speak to me.
-----
We went to our dentist to question about S and whether we should do bonding, retainers, or invisalign. S had first phase braces up until last year. Then her teeth started shifting. Our orthodondist recommend that we get 2nd phase braces but we couldn't afford it. So we went to our dentist and he suggested veneers. The quote on the veneers was $600 less than braces offered by our original orthodontist. There was no way we could do that! So I asked them how much would invisaligns cost....$4500!! This is money, that I don't have. I'll need that kind of money to send her to college in three years. So we made an appointment with another orthodontist in the area in Argonia. We will have to see what he says. I did think about going to my dentist that I had in Wichita about 20 years ago. He bonded my teeth and I have been pleased with that ever since. Sometimes, I wonder if it was worth it sending S and J to the orthodontist early in their lives. Maybe I should have waited until all of their teeth came in like how my orthodontist fixed my teeth. But my space never came together (without the bonding) and my overbite is still there. I just wish that we were blessed with perfect teeth but we weren't. At least the kids eyes are good and they don't wear glasses.
-----
Driver's Ed at the high school is interesting to say the least. The instructor is taking those who have stellar driving skills out on longer trips. They drive to Wichita! S doesn't get to, nor would I let her. In my opinion, they don't need to be driving out there for quite a while. I say they should get experience by driving to Anthony or Kingman. This instructor doesn't even make them use the cones. When I took driver's ed in Hutchinson we had to manuever the car around the cones (get our steering perfected) and then practice parrell parking. We also had simulators for manual cars (something obsolete in today's driver's education). We would drive out on the highway, maybe out 10 miles. But we never drove to Wichita! Not at that age. When I was a little older I drove out there with my dad but never in driver's ed. Now S will have to continue practice driving throughout June. Sometimes I wonder if she should have learned at Attica High school (but I know, I know, she didn't know anybody there and it would have been BORING!).
-------
The weather has been stormy as of late. Manhattan had a car dealership destroyed and the town of Chapman was 85% destroyed. Not quite like Greensburg, but since this is a small town too hopefully they will help rebuild that town too. I mention Chapman, as my Botany Lab partner lived there. I remember being in that town 30 years ago.
--------
I wish that the gas prices were not so high. I was planning to visit family in Oregon. It has been 2 years since I last saw them. I have never met a great-niece who will be 2 in August. There has been talk that gas could go as high as $4.00 by July 4th (it's already 3.99 at Doms), and it could go as high as $5--6.00. When will the madness end!!?? Is it time to go back to the 55 mph down the highway so we can conserve fuel?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment