Thursday, June 19, 2008

Rainy/Boring Summer Days

I am so sick of the rain!! Today I looked at the dark blue storm clouds off to our west and kept waiting for a warning from either Jay or Ross about what was going on. J got ready to go swimming. I looked outside and said, "I'll just bet they have closed the pool. It really looks like it is going to rainy." J basically ignored me as I drove off to the pool. The pool was open. On the day that it was going to be very stormy the pool didn't even bother to open and it was just a sunny, windy day. So I let him out and he told me to pick him up at his usual time, or until he called or until it rained.

I kept flipping the channel looking for some station to tell me that rain was going to be in our area soon. Nada! I got the first clue when I saw the satellite searching for service that it was going to rain. Then thunder. Then it started hailing!! There was NO WAY I wanted to go get J then. I waited a little to pick him up. I ran out to the van, barefooted and braved driving down the streets of the already flooded town. J was the last kid waiting for me at the pool. Sorry...but it was raining and hailing...I knew that he would be safe in the pool building.

Then I had to make a trip out to church. Every day this week, I have been running the fan and in the dehumidifier in the basement of the church. We have a little area where it leaks and I am in charge of janitorial duties, and this particular trouble spot goes along with the territory. I checked it after the rain today and thankfully I didn't have to turn on either appliance! YEA!

I am also so sick of the mosquito problem in town. I haven't been able to mow the obstacle course (L did that one yesterday) and our own yard. I am fearful of getting any more stealthy mosquitos biting me. The last mosquito bit a vein in my leg that is still swollen. I think I must be a mosquito magnet, a spider magnet or a tick magnet. Either of those bugs I cannot stand at all!!
------
S has been bored since the first of the summer. Even though she has a job, she hasn't worked all that much. I wish I could provide some entertainment for her and J but living in the small town doesn't provide that many fun things going on in the summer. So today we drove down the street and she saw her friends B and A2 walking around. A2 used to live here until her family moved up north. We knew that they were going to be here this week so that was a treat for S.

No doubt S will call me on the cell sometime for me to pick her up wherever.

Just call me taxi mom as I am always on the go some where. Life is never dull.

2 comments:

flute4peace said...

Ugh, tell me about it. I usually tend to love rainy days because I dislike the sun so much in the summer, but even I'm tired of it this year. And the storms are something I could do without. I was at church during the hailstorm. Hopefully the nursery is put back together well enough - my girls were doing fine in there but then another family came in for a meeting and completely destroyed it. We picked up the best we could be there may still be some things in the wrong places.

MB said...

I've seen it a WHOLE LOT worse. This was pretty easy to put together. Thanks for your help.