Monday, June 16, 2008

Spider Warning!

Tonight I was thinking about putting a picture on the blog with my "spider bite." Or at least, I was going to post it so someone could tell me either way that the dark red mark with the red looking/feeling rash was a bite in the first place.

I was taking a nice relaxing "Calgon" type bath and picked up my white towel to dry off. I looked toward my left and saw this big, huge spider crawl onto my towel!!! AGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!! I screamed loud! I heard the kids exclaim, "Something isn't right." I told them that there was this HUGE spider that was on me and crawling on the towel. J to the rescue! He tried picking up the spider to no avail. Then he came back with a shoe to crush it. It had disappeared. I wasn't satisfied. I turned on the water faucets to get the spider out of my site. Ha! It apparently likes water and it didn't die. So then I went to the back porch to pick up the long grabbers. The aluminum bat and tennis racket crash as I picked up the grabbers. There was NO WAY I was going to pick up the towel knowing that that horrible spider was still alive. So I picked up the towel and released it. I saw the nasty thing and squashed it with the grabbers. Whew! It was no more!

So I took a picture of it to see what kind of spider it was. The one that matched my spider was that of the brown recluse spider!

Now I wonder if my bite/redness/itchy spot is the bite of the brown recluse spider? I have seen pictures of people who were bit and what happened to them. Gulp! I hope none of that happens to me! I got my corticosteriod shot Friday and have been applying a cream for my rash. It has helped sooooo much. Now at least I can get some rest in at night.

I was reading about spiders and the experts say that you need to shake your clothes after they have been on the floor.

So now I'll probably have these nightmares of those spiders!!! Yuk!! Beware of the spiders in your area, they are everywhere!

3 comments:

flute4peace said...

You've been to the doctor, right? Did he look at the bite? Because those brown recluse bites are really dangerous. J got bit by one a few years ago and he was sick for two weeks from it!

MB said...

Went to the doctor and got a shot. They couldn't find the "entry holes" as to where the spider bit me. The cream and shot are doing wonders, even though the "bite" is still dark red. Did I mention, that I hate spiders?! ;)

Anonymous said...

A2 had a tick bite two summers ago and it was dark red in center. It took more than one doc vist to dx but they finally found the mouth parts inside her bite. She had rash with it also.. Blood test sent in for Lyme disease, negative so they thought Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and used antibiotics.