I got a call from my former school district (where I attended school) and talked about getting records from my personal file. Since L had obtained his last week, I have been wondering about my own. I asked if I could see my IQ test. The clerk on the phone said that they did testing but it wasn't an IQ test. So I imagine that living in this part of the state (small school vs. big school) did things different. Okay...so she asked me my maiden name and would check into it. About two hours later (I wasn't expecting her to get back to me so soon), she said that she would email me with forms to fill out. She located my records. I thanked her a bunch for her work and signed off on the papers requesting whatever records that I have in my "permanent" file. I probably won't get the file until the Wednesday. I know what the grades were in my grade school through junior high years, but cannot locate my high school grades. I just wanted to see if I was a straight C student or not. Besides, after thirty plus years I am curious to see what is in that file!
------
Went to the local grocery store after working at the church this afternoon. I was planning on getting just 3 items. Then I went down a couple of aisles. What could I serve the family tonight? They were sick of barbecue, sick of frozen dinners, sick of sandwiches. Usually when nothing is planned the kids ask, "Are we having whatever for lunch or dinner?" With that I usually get groans from J. He is disastified whatever is in the fridge. Even though it is stocked with a pot pie, bagel bites, frozen dinners, etc. I went down one aisle holding milk, cheese and pancakes. I said "hi" to our local chip man. I thought about checking out and decided to tuck the cheese under my arms while holding a couple of soup cans. I nearly lost all of my groceries before reaching the carts. Whew! The chipman said, "I see you needed a cart, finally." Yep, I needed a couple of more items. The family was happy that I made tatertot casserole instead of having "whatever" for supper. Now, we will have leftovers for at least a day or so. :)
-----
I am not looking forward to going to the dentist. It's not the drill that bothers me. It is the taste. After all these years, why can't they make fillings taste good? Sometimes it taste just soooo bad!! I have always hated getting impressions, because those things REALLY make me nearly vomit (sorry to be so graphic) but ick!! Why can't they make different flavors like bubble gum, chocolate or vanilla flavorings, wintergreen? Anything but the current taste of ick! Someone could be making a lot of money with dentist if some smart person would develop it!
-----
Something scary happened at Viola this afternoon. The clerk was abducted at a gas station that we drive by while making the trek to Wichita. I hope that the authorities find her. I pray for her safety!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We're praying for the clerk, too. Waaaaay too close to home! I can only hope that she was involved and ran off with the money (which means she would be in trouble - but safe/alive!).
I do that at the grocery store all the time, too! How funny!
I don't want to know what's in my school records. ;)
Post a Comment