Friday, June 6, 2008

Student Driver

S is taking driver's education this summer. I got used to her driving in town surprisingly quickly. Today her driving instructor let her go down the highway. Thankfully, he has a brake on the other side of the car.

So now S wants to drive down the highway with L. Just thinking about it gets me nervous!! I have a problem driving down the highway myself. It is because I haven't for a long time and I got out of the habit of driving. I don't like it when cars get behind me and I really grip the wheel. Maybe I need to take a "pill" or see a doctor about this as it is much like a panic attack.

S, the student driver, will be driving to Anthony to pick up the pizza with L. I wish that our car had a brake on the other side I might feel better about it.

I know that S will be driving to college someday, however that won't be for at least another 3 years.

I wonder how my parents felt when I went driving out of town for the first time? I'm going to have to call mom! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Encourage her to drive with mom and dad as often as possible, the more experience she has, the safer she will be. On the 23 mile trip each way to work, usually one kid drives over and the other drives back. A1 has full license and A2 has farm permit but has way more than the 50 required hours. She probably puts in at least 15 per month with her father. It gets easier with the second child.

MB said...

Thanks for the advice...then maybe I wouldn't be so nervous about her driving. I think we need to get a different car that she can handle a little better too.

flute4peace said...

Yikes! S seems very responsible, though, I'm sure she'll catch on very quickly. Amazing how fast they grow up!