Friday, June 13, 2008

Allergies R Us!

I woke up today feeling like one itchy person! I wondered what was the deal. Yesterday, I was scratching an area on my legs and my foot always itches. It had to be something. So I put on the Cortaid, and the athlete's foot cream and if anything it did not help at all. Then I noticed that one of the reactions was getting sunburned like and dark.

Hmm...did I get bit by something? And where? I didn't remember getting bit. Just intense itching. I decided to call the medical clinic and got into today. Of course they HAD to weigh me, ugh!!! Seems that I need to lose around 10 pounds (but they didn't mention that one, that was my observation). They took my blood pressure and it was great!! Within the normal limits, that is because my meds are working well. So I showed them the problems. Two of the problems were allergies (something I ate or something that I use on my skin) and the other one was a bug bite (of some kind) and they were thinking of the arachnid variety. I always hate those things!! Now I have reason to hate spiders with a passion.

The nurse came in with a needle. Thankfully it was put it a place where I could "tolerate" the shot. The area currently hurts a lot. I am getting cream to ease the allergies. Now if I could only figure out what I am allergic to.

When I was a little kid I had an egg allergy. I tell people I'm fine as long as I don't eat a lot of eggs. Maybe I should drop the "EGGO" product. Does the name give away how much of a certain allergen it has in it's product? Probably too much "eggs" oh! Then I know to stay away from legumes (in particular peanuts and products thereof). I probably should get into allergy testing. At least then I would know what to stay away from! I just wish I knew what allergies I have so I would at least feel pretty good!
-----
I am meeting up with fellow blogger the "Reformed Angler," Denis, Susan, and Liam in Harper. I have not seen Dennis or Susan for 30 years!!! I will HAVE to blog about this later.
----
Also, in the news today, Tim Russert from "Meet the Press," died today of an apparent heart attack. He was only 58!! I enjoyed watching his coverage over the years. I will miss him! I feel bad for his family! :(

No comments: