Gas prices has made it impossible for us to travel to our favorite vacations spot to the NW. We haven't been able to see my brother for 2 years!! We thought maybe we would this year, but with gas prices spiking up to $4.00 plus a gallon, we know we couldn't afford it. Every year I say, "when gas prices goes down." It hasn't happened. I can remember when prices were like a $1.50 a gallon, and I used to think that was high!!
Yesterday, we got out the map and looked at the calendar. How could we do this NOW? This past June there has been NOTHING to do. Sure S works a little (and I do mean a little!). I have dental and medical appointments scheduled in July, with a Tennis camp or two, and one college campus visit. I have worked every scenario out and nothing sounds right. Sure we could forego the dentist appointment and reschedule the doctor's appointment, that MIGHT work out. It is possible.
S and J are just so bored this month. At times, S wishes school was still going on. Sometimes summer vacation last too long and for others it is too short. If you put a nice weeks vacation in there then it goes much faster.
Until gas prices goes down or I can figure out how to schedule a week to the NW I'll be watching the birds swoop down getting the cat food off the posts....how exciting! Not. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, you can come and live my life for a week - hahaha. I could sure use a bored week. Those will come for me in late July and early August when the sun shines for days and the grass crackles when you walk on it.
When we lived in Branson gas was sometimes 69c a gallon. Makes me wish I was the daughter of an oilman right about now.
Post a Comment