Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Dentist Visit

Today I had to go to the dentist. I think I was just as nervous as going there as I was this past September for the operation.

As I stated, I just hate how things taste, etc. Thankfully, Dr. G didn't have to numb me up. I could actually speak after treatment. All she needed to do was drill my teeth. I really did not like the vacuum and the water treatment! Dr. G would drill and the assistant would hold the little vac above my teeth with the water. I thought I was going to drown!! I knew that they would use that nasty tasting white filling on the teeth. Dr. G worked quickly and I would struggle to breathe. She asked, "Is your nose not working today?" My nose!! I could breathe through my nose, why didn't I think about that!? So, instead I answered that my nose wasn't working, when actually it was my brain that wasn't working. What a dork! Immediately I started breathing through the nose and things went a whole lot better!

I was done in less than 10 minutes and out the door. Much easier getting fillings than getting a crown (crowns are pricey!!).

Now we are all scheduled for getting our teeth cleaned in three weeks. Oh boy!! That's another thing I have to tell the hygenist, to keep that salty treatment away from me. That's why I try to be perfect when I floss and brush, because I really hate getting fillings and crowns. Discomfort in the mouth and the pocket!

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

Omigoodness!! I'm ROFLing! Forgot to breathe through your nose. *snort*