Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday

I promised photos (but I am have problems with the computer currently, but I'll post them soon regarding the ransacked blog).

When we got to church the church member who used the church handed L an envelope. It was money left for our clean up efforts. I was like, okay (gulp!) that was nice. Because I wasn't thinking nice thoughts after that mess at all!!
----
Today we woke up to thunderstorms and torrential rains. When the rain subsided L went out to get the paper. The paper person or persons didn't bother putting the paper in a plastic sleeve to keep it dry. Nope, they did the "cheap" method and didn't put plastic around it. They didn't bother to check the forecast for showers in this area in the morning. So our paper was wet through and through. The kids joked that I could put the paper in the microwave (which I did once). Then I said, "Well I could bake it in the oven like my folks used to do way back when." So we simply called the Eagle newspaper folks and they credited the account. Then they said they would talk to the newspaper person about putting the newspaper in the blue plastic sleeves when it is raining. (I thought, or at least check the forecast!)

After church we went in search for a Sunday newspaper in town. We went to the Kangaroo store and several people were looking for a copy as well. Then L needed change and we saw one copy at B's! While he was inside waiting, I thought about going up to the newspaper stand so no one else could get one. Then the person who was at the Kangaroo store parked at B's and got the last copy. I was laughing!! Then when L came out there was nothing. So we went to Jo's and they were all sold out (no doubt people who were staying at the motel got those). Finally we went to Dom's. L was looking for a parking place. I would have just parked briefly in the handicap zone, but he was honest and didn't. Then we saw a lady walking around and I said, "Go out and get that paper, she looks like she is hungry for one."

Ahhhh! We did get the last paper from that box. Now, the newspaper carrier who also services the box will "think" she will be making a killing, when in fact she probably didn't . I am sure that other people complained about their lousy service too.

2 comments:

Scrapbook Granny said...

M
The Hutch paper was also without a cover and was wet. Lucky I got it just after the rain got started good. Dick A said he got his Wich after the rain and no cover.
I have complained to Hutc but I don't think the carrier is very strong also a bit blind as it is 'guess where he threw it this time'? One time in a snow that happened after he threw it and was not found until week later
One time he had a cover but it was still soaked.
DB

Anonymous said...

One day last summer I had called the Eagle about we did not get a paper that morning so they credited our account. About a week later we had strong winds, and guess what blew out of the oak tree in front of the house? Now we know where she left our paper.