Thursday, June 5, 2008

Blowing Down The Road

Here we are with severe weather once again. It is the price we pay for living in Kansas. I have my little desktop First Alert map on my screen watching warning after warning take place. At least we are warned about severe weather. J was planning to go swimming today, but it was closed to to the impending bad weather. We got to the pool and saw no lifeguards, only the pool manager. The wind as been REALLY awful. I was waiting on the driver's ed. instructor with my windows rolled down. I didn't want to waste gas. So now I am paying the price and sneezing from whatever is in the air.
----
Sometimes I tend to have "foot in mouth" disease. It's true I shouldn't complain. I should just thank the Lord with what I have. This past Saturday I cleaned extra hard because there was extra work to do. I felt pretty mad about it. Then was handed an envelope with an appreciation for our services. Well, stupid me, this is when I obtain that foot in mouth disease, complained about what happened. I need to stop complaining and trust in the Lord more. I need to believe that things will get better within the next 24 hours. It's terrible to suffer from this "disease." I need to think first before I speak. Sometimes I just talk too much and I am way too truthful. I need to play "poker" a little more, I guess and have that "poker" face." Not showing my "hand," so to speak.
------
I have batteries in the radio and I should have bottle water around. At least I have my little flashlight. I am still quite nervous about the weather. As flute would say it's going to be a "dave" night. For me it's a "Merril" or "Jay" night (sounds like I am talking about the Osmond family! Ha, ha!) or it could even be a "Ross" or "Rodney" night. Back in June of 1974, they had like 39 tornados (not sure if they were all in Kansas). I remember 1974 but I have a very selective memory of that year! :)
-----
Batten down the hatches and make sure you've got tie downs attached. I should talk. I don't think the metal shed is tied down, oops!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. One of the traits I have always liked in you was that you were upfront and to the point.