Friday, January 25, 2008

Arnie the Armadillo!

Guess who showed up at church this afternoon? This little Texas pest, Arnie the Armadillo. S and I were just driving up when I went, "Whaaat??" I thought for sure that once we got out of the car it would scamper away just like a squirrel would. It did not. S tried getting a picture on it with my cell phone and she was so nervous that she couldn't get it. So we called L from across the street. I was totally fascinated by the little critter. I was up on the steps, near the entrance and would have been practically mortified if that animal would have hopped up on the steps! Then, you would have heard some screams!
Arnie was digging in the dirt most likely looking for food or shelter. If anyone at the church should wonder if we have a gopher, we do not. It's Arnie! He's the one causing all of the holes.
It's seems strange that we would have an armadillo when it is this cold up "north." Then I remembered, that today is Pastor B's wife's birthday.
You don't suppose it was a present for L from B, do you? LOL!!! The last anyone saw of Arnie this evening he was nowhere to be found. Perhaps he is repenting his sins next door at Pastor B's house. Watch out B and L or Brad and Brenda, or Spike or Gloria, or even Scrapbook Granny be on the lookout for Arnie the Armadillo in your area, he's on the loose!

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

Omigoodness that is hilarious!! I didn't realize yesterday was L's birthday - it was my Mom's, too! Good day!