I caught what is going around currently in my little town. Immediately when I tried to sleep last night I couldn't breathe. I stuck the breathe right strip across the bridge of my nose to open up the sinuses, and stuck another pillow under my head. This brought the total to three pillows. I would turn on my side and couldn't breathe through my nose. Then I layed on my back and could breathe. It wasn't comfortable. My hips were in pain too so I had another pillow for my hips. That's the price you pay when you are in your 50's. You feel a little more pain than you did when you were in your twenties and thirties. Cold weather anymore is an annoyance. You start making plans for what you want to do when you retire.
You know, that's kind of scary thinking about retirement. I've always considered myself "young" but we are thirteen years or less from it. By that time I could be a grandmother! But then again I know of people my age who have grandchildren the same age as my youngest. I often think where are we going to live? I would want to be close to my kids, although they don't want us living in the same town. I can understand that but at least be in the same state or nearby. Do we remain in the same state that we currently live in or become residents of another state to get away from the cold of winter? When I was growing up we had neighbors who were winter Texans. I could see becoming a winter Texan or a winter Floridian myself. So many questions, but I have a little time to consider my options on that subject.
But until then I'll have to suffer with colds and having a four pillow/four blanket night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ugh, this virus is a hanger-oner and never goes away! I just scheduled K2 in to see Dr. D. and honestly we could all benefit from seeing him. I'm having a terrible time staying awake today, the weather isn't helping. And I totally understand when you talk about feeling old. Even though I'm younger, I feel like I'm 50 most days. :(
i really dont care where you live as long as you aren't neighbors or like the grandparents on everybody loves raymond. haha. but i think l-town is where i wanna live...but i dont care if u do too lol.
we have a long time to think about that though...it's even too far away for me to think about summer or my schedule for next year lol!
Post a Comment