Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Brady Morningstar! 19--0!!



KU won tonight over Iowa State by a score of 83--59. Today is Brady Morningstar's birthday, he turned 22 today! KU is looking so good!! Darnell Jackson was definitely player of the game. He had 21 points and 11 rebounds! Wow! He is a really nice guy too!! He has improved greatly since last year. Darrell Arthur scored 16 points followed by Brandon Rush and Russell Robinson both with 11 points. Russell Robinson showed his very athletic moves under the basket. Mario Chalmers scored 10 points, Sasha Kaun had 6 points off the bench, Sherron Collins, 4, and have 2 points a piece was Cole Aldrich and Jeremy Case.

I loved hearing the crowd cheering "Connor Teahan, Connor Teahan." Yes, and I always love the Rock Chalk Chant at the end of the game.

KU is doing well. I hope that they stay hungry for each win. The team needs to play aggressively. I know that Brandon Rush had a problem, at one time, and Bill was disappointed in his "style" of play. That was a wake up call for Rush and hopefully for the rest of the team. Stay hungry and play aggressive. Also, the big men, coached by Danny Manning are doing excellent. Danny will make a terrifc head coach in the near future! KU continues to improve at the free throw line. Whatever they are doing there, they need to continue to practice from the line. They are looking very solid.

The Hawks are playing the Huskers on Saturday. I hope I get to see some of the game. I have a Biddy Ball game to attend during that time. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!
------
On the wellness front, I am feeling better every day. It's hard for me to wake up in the morning as I am thinking getting plenty of rest is helping me feel better. I've been working at night with L and try not to "overwork" or get "over tired." No more late nights. I've been trying to keep regular hours! Well, relatively regular. Hope that flute and the girls start to feel better. I know it's cruddy having the crud.

No comments: