Yep, I got it again. Laryngitis! Once again I can't speak. Only can nod my head and say things in short choppy sentences. I take a deep breath so I can talk to the family and end up doing the mime thing...today I am Marcel Marceau (or Harpo Marx). Sometimes I WISH I had a horn to honk to say what I am REALLY thinking! LOL!
No, I didn't get it by yelling at the TV last night while the Hawks were playing. I felt that it was about to leave before that, like a couple of days before that. But I had more of a voice during the game than I currently do.
So I been trying to drinking cold stuff and rest my voice. (That's very hard to do, if you know me well). I can't hardly write my note, in long hand, and finish my thought process. It's frustrating. I tell someone one thing and another someone wants a repeat of what I said. Sigh! I hate to repeat what I just said. It was hard enough to say it the first time! I just want to say, "I'm not saying this twice, you'd better listen and understand it the first time." But of course, that would be too much to say. SO by the second time I am whispering and nearly sounding angry. I'm not mad. It just sounds that way. It just feels like some little gremlin is holding my voice cord tight!
When I lost my voice when I had a full time job, as an operator, that was bad. They wanted me to work and yet I had no voice. They were pretty unfair. How can you purposely lose your voice? You can't. Anyrate, I can't. It just happens. I get a cold, it goes in my throat and coats my throat and bam! It's gone. I get this stuff usually once a year. But back at my former job, I was soooo close of getting disability. I was out for a whole week (it was great) and I should have just taken disability. But me, being the honest person I am, didn't. It was back to the "grind." Sigh.
I expect I won't be singing in church this next Sunday, or participating in discussion, I may not even be there for that. I'll just be sitting there in Sunday services listening and next to no conversation.
Tomorrow, J has a scrimmage at C town (south of Beefton). So I imagine that I won't be yelling at his basketball game. I think J will be fine with that!! :) Sometimes it is good when mom isn't screaming at him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment