Thursday, January 17, 2008

Guess who's coming to the house?

Yep I am getting a pastoral visit in the next half hour. I cleaned the house and made food this evening thinking that only one kid was going to be gone. Ha! Plans change, don't they?

So S announced that she was going to the basketball game at the high school. At first I said no, but then I found out who was playing. I said, "Oh maybe you'll see your cousins at the game."
She says, "What I have cousins my age around here?" Well, the school is like 60 miles to the east of us where Arkalalah is held. So I found out that her girl cousin is on the girls team (only they aren't playing) and her boy cousin is on the boy's team (freshman team). So I wondered if they would even be over at the game. I said, "Go." So maybe I'll get a report that they took freshman or they didn't. Any rate, he may be playing in the tourney next year. It would be interesting to see him since we never have met. I haven't seen the boy and girl cousin because I haven't seen their dad since I was in high school when his dad died (my uncle). So we pretty much have nothing to do with that side, and it is sad. Not by my fault. I've tried.

Pastor B is coming out at 7:30 and so L will pick up J from practice, and S may be calling from the high school to get picked up. So we will be here but not really. This will be one disjointed visit! Hope he understands.

I haven't had a pastor over at the house since 1994. I don't know why I'm nervous, because I work with the pastor. I guess having him over at my place just seems weird. When he made the appointment I was like, "Oh....(dead air) did we do anything wrong?" He explained he was talking to everyone. "Oh...(dead air)...(breath)...okay."

I don't have very many people coming over to my house, except S's friends. I guess I'm just a little nervous. I'll have to blog (if it's blogworthy) later.

Peace out, Bob.

1 comment:

flute4peace said...

LOL, that would make me nervous, too! But I know that PB is wanting to visit everyone this year. I better start cleaning now :'noid: