
KU won again and it wasn't easy!! Mizzou was a tough opponent and their crowd was right there cheering them on.
That first half was just plain scary. KU had some quick fouls and did so-so from the free-throw line. They could have done a little better. The refs were pretty picky calling a lot of fouls and it looked like all the calls were going against the Hawks. Brandon Rush was "COLD" from the field. He would just have some lousy shots. He had many, many attempts but next to nothing in field goals. KU led in the half by just 2 points with a score of 38--36.
The second half for KU looked a little better. Cole Aldrich, coming off the bench played great defensively! He really will be an asset to the team in the next few years. The Hawks looked pretty good with 2 minutes left in the game. Looking at the numbers (because I scored it) the Hawks made 42 attempts at the free throw line and made 27. I really do believe that often times if you shoot well from the stripe then you will usually win games. KU was leading the nation in shooting well from the stripe, but tonight they shot 64%. Field goal percentage for the Hawks was 43%. Brandon Rush alone had a pretty poor night with a shooting percentage of 14% from the field. I guess tonight wasn't his night.
They did win and now they are 18--0. This is their best season since the 1997 season.
UNC (Roy Williams' team) lost to Maryland on their own court. So, now they won't be number 1. Memphis is currently, number 2, and are playing an easy team. Most likely they will be number 1 next week and KU will be number 2. I suppose, North Carolina will drop to a 3 or 4 because whoever votes on these polls they have a lot of "love" for the ACC. So I don't see them dropping out of the top five at all. Although, I could be wrong. Now, if KU would have lost tonight we would have dropped out of the top 10 completely as there is not a lot of "love" for KU.
Mario Chalmers had 18, followed by Darnell Jackson and Brandon Rush with 13. Brandon got most of his points at the free-throw line. Darrell Arthur scored 10, Sherron Collins had 9, Russell Robinson, 8, Sasha Kaun 3, and rounding out the scoring was Cole Aldrich with 2 points. Playing but not scoring was Rodrick Stewart and Jeremy Case.
The next game for the Hawks is Iowa State on Wednesday at 6 pm. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!
I am GLAD that I got ESPNU for this one game. They actually were better than ESPN because we didn't have to put up with any sappy interviews with that Holly Rowe person. It was good to be able to watch the game!
That first half was just plain scary. KU had some quick fouls and did so-so from the free-throw line. They could have done a little better. The refs were pretty picky calling a lot of fouls and it looked like all the calls were going against the Hawks. Brandon Rush was "COLD" from the field. He would just have some lousy shots. He had many, many attempts but next to nothing in field goals. KU led in the half by just 2 points with a score of 38--36.
The second half for KU looked a little better. Cole Aldrich, coming off the bench played great defensively! He really will be an asset to the team in the next few years. The Hawks looked pretty good with 2 minutes left in the game. Looking at the numbers (because I scored it) the Hawks made 42 attempts at the free throw line and made 27. I really do believe that often times if you shoot well from the stripe then you will usually win games. KU was leading the nation in shooting well from the stripe, but tonight they shot 64%. Field goal percentage for the Hawks was 43%. Brandon Rush alone had a pretty poor night with a shooting percentage of 14% from the field. I guess tonight wasn't his night.
They did win and now they are 18--0. This is their best season since the 1997 season.
UNC (Roy Williams' team) lost to Maryland on their own court. So, now they won't be number 1. Memphis is currently, number 2, and are playing an easy team. Most likely they will be number 1 next week and KU will be number 2. I suppose, North Carolina will drop to a 3 or 4 because whoever votes on these polls they have a lot of "love" for the ACC. So I don't see them dropping out of the top five at all. Although, I could be wrong. Now, if KU would have lost tonight we would have dropped out of the top 10 completely as there is not a lot of "love" for KU.
Mario Chalmers had 18, followed by Darnell Jackson and Brandon Rush with 13. Brandon got most of his points at the free-throw line. Darrell Arthur scored 10, Sherron Collins had 9, Russell Robinson, 8, Sasha Kaun 3, and rounding out the scoring was Cole Aldrich with 2 points. Playing but not scoring was Rodrick Stewart and Jeremy Case.
The next game for the Hawks is Iowa State on Wednesday at 6 pm. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!
I am GLAD that I got ESPNU for this one game. They actually were better than ESPN because we didn't have to put up with any sappy interviews with that Holly Rowe person. It was good to be able to watch the game!
2 comments:
That was a bit of a nailbiter, huh!
Nothing like that New York Giants game last night. That was a good game too. Go Giants!
Post a Comment