KU won again over the Oklahoma Sooners. The free throws that the 'Hawks shot was awesome!! They were nearly perfect. They hit 17 out of 18 from the line. I have seen some games where they couldn't even hit anything from the line. I guess the coach's and the players have been practicing on that particular part of the game. Way to go! KU won 85--55 over OU Sooners.Leading scorer tonight was Darnell Jackson with 17 points. It was nice that ESPN showed his mom on TV. Darnell's family has been going through a lot the past two years. His grandmother died, and he was closed to her. Then his mom has been going through some surgeries. He is a very nice young man and always smiles at everyone when he is doing autographs. I wish the best for him in the future. Brandon Rush had 16 points and shot four 3 pointers. WOW! I think he is intensifying his game finally. Darrell Arthur had 14 points, followed by Mario Chalmers with 13, Sherron Collins with 9 points, Cole Aldrich, had a particular great game tonight with 6 points. Then Russell Robinson, had many assists and he plays a lot of unselfish ball he scored 4 as did Sasha Kaun. Rounding out the scoring was Rodrick Stewart with 2 points.
I loved watching it on ESPN, although I do wish I had an HDTV to watch this one. Of course, I wish that I had ESPNU to watch the next game at Missouri. I'll have to imagine this one and listen to the talents of Bob Davis and Chris Piper. Bob Davis is so excellent in calling the games. He gets excited and tells it like it is. Where are those guys whom I used to work with at Juco who told me NOT to get excited during a basketball game? I wonder how they like listening to KU radio broadcasts. You can definitely tell that Bob and Chris like the team, are not impartial, and really root for KU. I love hearing Bob Davis saying, "SWISH!!" You just want to be there, or you feel like you are there at the game.
I used to work at my college radio station, as I've written before. I was BAD at calling football games and got too excited for basketball according to the teacher and the broadcasting guys. But how can you NOT get excited when you were in class with the players? (I'm shaking my head here). Whatever. I gave up my dreams of ever being in broadcasting (particular sports) and writing for sports. I was a pretty shy person back when I was a young nineteen year old. But fast-forward now, thirty four years later and I LOVE to write about the team, or my son's team. I LOVE to score the game. I always like to see if I can be quicker than the television announcers with my stats too. S is bored when she scores but I always want to know who is the leading scorer, etc. I learned how to score thanks to a sportswriter in my town, whom I interviewed in high school for my junior theme. Her name was Barbara Caywood. Her son is the sports editor at the Topeka Capital Journal. She has since retired but she was a very nice person to talk with and learn from. My junior theme was how to become a sportswriter.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!
--------
I am keeping busy getting recipes for the church cookbook. I think I have my 300 recipes or I am off by one. I really hope we can get as many as possible. The deadline is Wednesday and I got a feeling that I will be deluged by recipes. So I am wanting 300 plus recipes that would be quite nice. The other church where we went to had a cookbook out and I can remember how they would go on and on about collecting recipes. They had around 400 plus. I'm not sure if they were doing a fundraiser, but we are. All the profits will be going to help the building fund. Our kitchen is in need for an extreme makeover. We are needing new cabinets, counter tops, ovens, and dishwashers. The kitchen was built in 1963 (when the church was) and it is in need of some serious updating. Then the foyer will be looking much better too and hopefully we won't be putting up with those flies and wasps once this is finished.
----
One last thought...we had a birthday party for TP on Sunday. He is turning the big 5-0!!! It was a pretty fun evening. I loved talking with everyone and getting to know everyone a little better. L is still pretty quite and didn't really talk much. I like to socialize and have fun. We played some Pictionary and the big hit of the evening besides the cake, ice cream, cards/gifts to TP was calling PS and ES over in London. It was 9 pm our time BUT it was 3 AM over there. It was great talking on speaker phone to PS as E didn't come to the phone. It was fun for a bunch of 50 plus year olds acting like a bunch of rowdy kids! Oh it's great being 50, isn't it?
1 comment:
yeah that game was pretty awesome :] i don't like to score the game...but it's pretty fun to write about it. i just know i wanna do something w/sports lol
Post a Comment