I am not as young as I used to be, I have discovered these past few days. I can remember when I thought it was "cool" to stay up all night long. HA, not so cool, I found out when I was sixteen. I felt horrible the next day. Then when I went to college, we would studying and pull some "all nighters." Oh, I remember those days! Most everyone would be sleeping and my friends and I would be working on some project in the basement of the dorm. We would listen to the radio to keep us up. Then the next day, we would either drink a lot of caffeine or some would take no-doze. But the no-doze made everyone jittery. We were young, it didn't matter. Other times when I was up all night (besides being sick) was when I was dating L and driving back to W town way after midnight. I can't believe I used to do this! I wouldn't think of doing that now.
Now, here I am staying up again. Typing recipes into a cookbook projects. I am so lucky that the program that I am using has spell check otherwise I would have A LOT of misspellings or not catch others misspellings. One night this week I stayed up until 2 AM and got up at 7:44AM that morning. UGH!! It looks like I'm burning the midnight oil once again tonight.
The cookbook project is a lot of work. Deciding on which font to use, what type of photography and pictures to use; going with a certain type of cookbook (soft cover or 3-ring binder). The contributors have really made this cookbook great. We have nearly 400 recipes. I am VERY IMPRESSED! I think that the contributors will be very pleased with the product once we get it finalized and shipped. Thanks to Flute and VR for their help and guidance. I am totally in the dark about the contract and are very happy to be working with them.
Well...I think I will check on the project before I close the computer down for the night. I'm just not as young as I used to be and pulling an all-nighter or a half-nighter isn't feasible. YAWN.....ZZZZZZZ!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL, isn't that funny. Your post was at 10:21. I'm like that too, pretty much done for by 8:30, some days sooner than that. *yawn*
Well, I think that on this blog it's Pacific time...so it was actually 12:21 AM.
Post a Comment