Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday Ramblings

Yesterday I spent the day by my trusty space heater, reading, and sleeping. After that 4 pillow night I finally got my rest in. Today, I felt a little better. But when I got to church to work there was paint fumes that gave me a migraine. My poor old head can't stand the smell of paint, very high dust content (special kitty litter I cannot tolerate either), and certain glues on rugs. Might as well get out of the area than to feel like that! So I worked there for a little bit and came back home. UGH! I just wish that I could tolerate this stuff but I can't. I will have to bring in the reserves tonight to finish the work. That is IF I can stand the fumes! I'll have to miss Ryan, Randy, Paula, and Simon tonight.
---------
I've been reading the book by Tony Dungy, "Quiet Strength." It is put out by Tyndale Press. It's pretty good. He is definitely a man of God.
----------
I am getting so sick of these telemarketers. Often times I get calls from "Card Services," a 702 area code (out of Nevada) and an 866 number. They NEVER leave a message. Sometimes I get sick of them and we play "mind" games with them. But that doesn't seem to work, they still call. I've turned them into the "Do Not Call Registry," numerous times.
---------
I've been writing for our 5th grade Boys Biddy Ball Team, in H town, in our little paper. I like scoring the games and writing a brief story on them. Our team has been playing pretty good. A lot of "lucky" shots by a couple of players we observe. These lucky shots are usually from 3 point range and Biddy Ball doesn't recognize these shots, they are only worth 2 points. We will have a couple of early games the first part of February and we will have to leave the house by 6 AM to be in the visitors gym by 7:30 AM, with an 8 AM tipoff. It's too bad that they can't push that back by an hour as we have to travel so far.
--------
S's school next year will be changing their schedule. This year they are on a "block" schedule. Sort of similar as to college classes. One week they meet MWF and the other week TTH. Some classes are everyday. But next year the classes will meet everyday. This is the type of schedule that I am used to. "Old School," scheduling where your classes meet every day. S isn't sure about Spanish class mostly because they need a different teacher in there, a lot of the students don't care for the current teacher. Hear that Mr. Superintendent? It would be nice if they could get LZ in there to teach, she lives in town and was born in Bolivia. Maybe I should write a book "If I ran the school district." (based on "If I ran the zoo.") LOL!

2 comments:

flute4peace said...

Are your games here this weekend? If so, I'll try to get some more pictures. Your uniforms photograph much better than our $10 Hrec tshirts. And I hear ya about the early games - ick!

We have that Dungy book, and it is VERY good!

Ooh, a day by the space heater sounds sooo good! I'm off to see Dr. D. in a bit to get some help - I feel awful!

MB said...

Yep..both here, thankfully! Our uniforms belong to our coach, so we have to give them back at the end of the season. (more on this on email).